What is happening with 3G?
F

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 20th, 2020 2:08 PM

Microcell Activation

I bought a microcell on ebay and i'm trying to activate it, but the activation website sends me into a redirecting deathspiral which ends in an error message. i called AT&T support and they could not figure out why . they gave me a casenumber, but never called back or fixed it either. is there another way to activate the device?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

1. Are you an AT&T postpaid account user?
If not you cannot use MicroCell.
Was the MicroCell deactivated by previous owner?
2. Does the previous owner did not deactivate the MicroCell it cannot be activated on someone else's account. Contact the original owner and find out if they officially deactivated the device through their online account or by calling AT&T
3. Do not use the app oh, it does not work hasn't worked in years. You must use the online Activation Portal

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Any luck on this? Just today I got a MicroCell from ebay and am having the exact same issues as you, unable to make it through the activation process. I've tried Chrome, Explorer and Safari with varying results, none successful.

Where I worked four years ago I set one of these up and it worked flawlessly.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@utilajeff Try to login to AT&T.com. Then login to your account, search for MicroCell Maintenance and then go from there. That's what I had to do a couple of weeks ago to check to see if I could still get to my myMicroCell Settings page. I was able to do so even though my MicroCell is kept offline unless I need to check something for someone. We've been using WiFi-C exclusively for a couple of years now.

What I'll do tomorrow is see if I can get back to my myAT&T MicroCell Settings page and write the steps down if successful and post them.

Do keep in mind that purchasing used MicroCell's, especially from eBay can be an exercise in futility if the original owner hasn't deactivated because AT&T will not do that for you. Also keep in mind that the MicroCell service is going to be terminated within a year or so so it's doubtful that AT&T is going to spend any additional resources on keeping the service operational and that includes the MicroCell Settings page.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@utilajeff 

I could not get it to work and still can't access the website for some reason. i used the online support chat function and the third guy i chatted with was finally able to register the device for me. He did the whole registration/authorization for me online, adding the allowed numbers and all. took a while, but it works beautifully now. i still can't access the site, no idea why, but as long as it works i don't really care, because i can finally make phone calls at my house. keep pushing with the online guys, eventually you get the right guy that gets it done.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

@fritz89 I'm glad that you actually found someone at AT&T who could help you. I have quite a few contacts within AT&T and I couldn't get a viable answer as to the Activation page. I'm going to try some things tomorrow and if they work, I'll post the results. In the meantime, you might want to start to plan for switching to WiFi-C because AT&T is going to slowly let the MicroCell die as far as support goes and then the service will go away entirely within a year or so. I've been pushing for a long time to get AT&T to give current, registered MicroCell user advance notice of the sunset date for the MicroCell service but nobody wants to commit to that so be prepared.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

What is Wifi-C and how do you get it?

• 

3 Messages

Also - I purchased my Microcell on ebay. I went through the activation process on the att website and even received a "confirmation of device setup". The email I received said that it would take up to 90 minutes for the microcell to be fully activated and that I would receive a text and an email telling me when it was ready. Well, it's been almost 6 hours and I haven't received the text or the email. My microcell has 2 lights on: a circle with a vertical line through the middle of it and the other light looks like Saturn. The email says that I can check the progress of the activation but the link just leads me to more information on how to activate the microcell. Eventually, I get an error saying I need to get rid of my cookies - which I have done multiple times. After reading previous similar problems, I fear that I have just wasted my time. Any suggestions? Do you think that I really did get it set up since I got a confirmation by email?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.