What is happening with 3G?
MemaTrip's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 18th, 2019 10:37 PM

M cell ATT issues

Installed a new modem today.  Rebooted my ATT microcell, all lights are on, except for the top symbol, the ATT logo.   Cannot get that to light up.   My phone does not show that I am on the microcell, but my signal is better than it was before getting m cell. ?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@gadgetman65 - if the IMSI number on the SIM card starts with "310410...." it should be recognized by AT&T's IT Department and converted to a phone number, unless AT&T has changed the USA and Network coding. Glad to hear that your MicroCell is up and running ok now. The last I head AT&T will probably start to discontinue the MicroCell service around Feb. 2020, but that is not a hard twilight date so it could be sooner or maybe even later. In either case, I would start to think about what you're going to do if you stay with AT&T. A cellular booster might be the way to go. See my Cellular Booster Guide (link is in my sig line) for a primer on how they work and what the options are.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

@gadgetman65   @OttoPylot  is an AT&T treasure.  He went out of his way, on his own time, as ‘just a customer’ (hard to believe huh?) to create the microcell guides, and then again to research and create the cell booster guide. 
Obviously, he’s a great resource and I’ve learned a lot from him.  
   I must write like a man?  Maybe I should put a wig on the pink panther?   😂.  I’ll work on it.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

@lizdance40 - aw shucks ma'am Smiley Embarassed Thanks for the kind words.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

@OttoPylot  Far less credit than you deserve.  

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

Smiley Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.