What is happening with 3G?
CharlieSchorner's profile

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

Sunday, November 4th, 2012 8:12 PM

Is the MicroCell Service Down?

Around mid-morning on November 1, my MicroCell went offline and has not been able to connect since. Everything else on my network is behaving normally and I've had no interruption in my Internet service. So, I was wondering if someone might know if there's a problem with the service in general? Perhaps something weather-related? If not, is there a way I can verify that my device is ironies not malfunctioning?

Thanks!

Charlie

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

11 years ago

In fairness, you'd only be able to see all this from the ISP's chair. We've got a system-wide view into this traffic in some detail. I've had a couple more emails and phone calls this morning from AT&T and they're doing some tests with one customer. Still haven't seen signs of life from his direction but I'm camped out on some monitoring tools hoping to see that change soon. *crosses fingers*

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

I wasn't clear, sorry. What I meant was that no one has pm'd me nor have I seen any similar reports posted here for my area. For the record, I think it's very commendable for an ISP to take the measures you have to help a customer when it really isn't the ISPs problem.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

11 years ago

The issue has apparently now affected me here in central Texas as well.  OK...after a LONG period of time during which my MCell was working flawlessly, around 10PM last night I heard the dreaded "searching" noises from my phone...sure enough, the 3G light was flashing...no big deal, I figured...this has happened before...maybe a momentary outage, or a software update...so I left it alone and went to bed...when I got up this morning, still no connection...3G light still blinking.  At that point, I power-cycled the MCell...so far, half an hour later, I can't get a GPS lock...I have never had problems getting lock before and nothing has changed in my setup.  SOMETHING bad is going on on the AT&T side...based on what people have been saying in this thread, I am not about to waste hours of my time playing with my configuration to try and fix a problem that is clearly not on my end.  I'm just going to leave the current AT&T 3G Micro Brick where it is, and if it doesn't come back in  a few days, I'll be circular filing it and buying a cell signal booster...It's not that I'm unhappy with the performance of the MCell when it's working...it's the stony silence and overall policy of disdain for their customers (and apparently for ISPs as well) from AT&T about most ANYTHING involving a MCell service problem that I cannot stomach.  Once again, as I've done in the past, and even though I know this is a "members helping members" forum, it is moderated by AT&T so, I challenge ANYONE from AT&T to contact me to resolve the problem with my MCell or to explain to me why it is not working and provde a general estimate of when service might be restored.  I will not be holding my breath waiting.  If there is any change on my end, I will update here.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

You can always pm ATTCustomerCare with the issue and see what they can do, if anything. They're there M-F, 8-5 CST I believe.

Explorer

• 

29 Messages

11 years ago

The continuing response from AT&T has been the usual script performance. I'm happy that my ISP is staying in touch with them, but it's clear that they view their customers as "lusers."

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Just FYI, add another "service down" - but I'm in East Texas (Edom).  Verified my internet connection is good, but can't get MCell service. 

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

11 years ago

MurphieNB...what is the status of your MCell front panel lights?? 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

11 years ago

Solid green on the first three - blank on the 4th, and flashing on the 5th.  I've powered down several times, including leaving it unplugged (power only) for several minutes.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

11 years ago

OK, thanks...was curious because I had 3 green also with just the 3G light flashing until I power cycled, and now it won't GPS lock after an hour of trying...seems yours did...maybe if they ever figure out what's wrong and restore service mine will GPS lock and reconnect.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

My MicroCell also went down sometime between last night and this morning. I also went through all the reset proceedures several times to no avail.

I have all the light solid execpt for the 3G bottom light which continues to flash. The MicroCell was working great up to last night.

Now it is just a blinking 3G light. The power, GPS and ethernet lights are all solid.

Hopefully it will come back on and work soon since I have 0 to 1 bars and 2 bars if I hold my mouth right while outside in the neighbors driveway.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.