What is happening with 3G?
hdang24's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 8:50 AM

Is 3G Micro Cell is still free?

We have been custormer with AT&T for a long time. Last year we moved into a new apartment complex and due to its location we experience horrible signal inside our house. Not just getting tire of stepping out side to make a call but what worst is that we have been missing a lot of phone calls from other people. I heard that AT&T gave out this unit one time in the past but are they still giving it to their loyal customers anymore?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

This comes up from time to time. The support person is correct in that at one time AT&T did offer free MicroCell's to SOME of their customers as a marketing/promotional campaign if they had a documented history of reception issues due to their location. That marketing campaign ended a few years ago.

That being said, there are still occassional reports of someone getting a free MicroCell because of reception and other issues. This is not the current policy of AT&T and there is no way to corrorborate the accuracy of the poster's claim. I received a discount  years ago when I had connection issues but I still had to pay something. If someone did receive a free MicroCell then it was at the discretion of the corporate store manager or the individual support person, even though I doubt it because support would have been able to get a supervisor to authroize it. So basically, AT&T support is being honest with you. There are no free MicroCell's as part of the AT&T corporate policy.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there! @hdang24 thanks for posting your question.  The AT&T 3G Microcell is a great way to expand signal in your home or work location. There is a one-time charge for the unit and no monthly fee for usage.

For coverage availability and pricing, please visit us at http://www.att.com/att/microcell/

At this time, we are unable to offer a free Microcell based on coverage or service tenure.

Thanks!

Charise

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare - Charise -  we answered that question a long time ago, and I wouldn't consider your answer a solved solution.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

You beat me to it Otto. 

Explorer

• 

44 Messages

9 years ago

We told an AT&T store rep than the signal in our house was poor - which it is - and that we were thinking of sticking with Verizon - which we were. BOOM - free MicroCell. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@Avedis53 @OttoPylot

you can say its not the solution remember?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T did at one time give out free MicroCell's to select customers as part of a promotional program. That ended years ago. There have been reports from time to time of customers still receiving a free MicroCell but only certain circumstances and it is certainly not corporate policy. Most often though all you will get is a discount. They have replaced existing customers with documented MicroCell issues with a free MicroCell but again, that's only under certain circumstances for customers who already have a MicroCell.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@sangs wrote:

We told an AT&T store rep than the signal in our house was poor - which it is - and that we were thinking of sticking with Verizon - which we were. BOOM - free MicroCell. 

Again, that is the exception and not the rule. It is NOT corporate policy. In your case the corportate store manager took it upon himself/herself to comp you one.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

@ GLIMMERMAN76 - I was aware of that and I previously unmarked it as a solution. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

Thanks Avedis. I've been too busy today to take care of this nonsense.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.