For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
lyonsco's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, April 7th, 2015 6:53 PM

Iphone 6 on Microcell calls go straight voicemail after one ring

During an incoming call the phone will give a very short ring that I don't have time to answer (less than 1 second); the caller is sent directly to voicemail. 

Iphone 6 fully updated

5 day old At&T microcell that was purchased when service in my office park became terrible. 

Voicemail noticfications come in fine. 

I've tried restarting the microcell, reset the settings on my phone and done restarts till I'm blue in the face. 

In the time it took me to write this I have had two incoming calls that I had no chance of answering. 

Help please!!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

How is your MicroCell setup and where did you purchase it? You mentioned office park. Is your internet connection thru a business location or is it thru your home?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

The mircocell was bought and set up at an ATT store.

Its on its own DSL line with 8mb down and 2mb up.

I called into ATT and the tech support rep changed the microcell ring duration which was set too low to a higher setting and everything seems to be working fine now.

I'll update if it starts acting up again for reference. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

MicroCell Ring Duration? I've never heard of that before. Must be account related that the user doesn't have access to. Glad that worked.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

yes, the user has no access to most microcell settings and any changes must be made by ATT staff. 

Makes sense acually, I can't and shouldn't be allowed to mess with a cell tower, why should it be any different for the mini tower that sits on my desk. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

As you pointed out, the MicroCell has no user access for any settings other than the Registration Page for adding other AT&T phone numbers to your Approved User List and disabling/enabling hand off. The MicroCell tower itself is a totally closed system. I just never heard of AT&T having to adjust ring cell duration on an account before. That sounds more like an actual cellular account setting than a MicroCell setting. What ever the reason, at least they adjusted it for you and all is well.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

Ok, the ring duration setting only worked for a day. 

Back to tech support and we came to the solution.

Problem:

Iphone gives half a ring during incoming calls which are sent straight to voicemail. User has no chance to answer call. 

Equipment in my office:

ATT Microcell through verizon DSL

iphone 6

Mac desktop

Solution:

on Iphone:

Settings

FaceTime

Cellular Calls-- SWITCH TO OFF

Fully updated Apple devices allow calls to be placed and recieved on any wifi connected device signed in to a matching icloud account. You can make and recieve calls on a Mac, Ipad or even a deactivated iphone.

That sharing was screwing up something with the microcell. 

If it acts up again I'll update but ive tested this a dozen times and everyting is working as it should be. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Interesting solution. I have DSL, iPhone, multiple Mac laptops. I don't receive voice calls on my laptops but do receive FT on the laptop and iPhone. However, I don't use iCloud for anything other than Find My Mac and all of us have separate Apple ID's.

Are you connecting the MicroCell to your Mac via the Computer Port by any chance?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.