Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
A

• 

2 Messages

Tue, May 26, 2020 2:32 PM

I moved my microcell and now it won't connect back at home

I didn't realize AT&T stopped supporting the Microcell. It has worked great for me for a long time in my NYC apartment. I recently moved it and now it isn't working. How can I get it to recognize that it is back in its regular spot/usual address?

I've tried unplugging it a bunch, can't get through to manage settings on the online portal through safari, chorme, different computers, etc. Keep hitting a deadend online. Is there an email or number I can call for help to "reactivate"? The app says it is activated, but know someone said that doesn't work anymore either.

Please help!

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

a month ago

@asb5ea AT&T stopped selling the MicroCell at the end of 2017 because it had reached its EOL. The service will contine until AT&T begins to shutdown their 3G service, probably between Feb 2021 and certainly by Feb. 2022. WiFi-C is what is recommended now if your phone is capable.

If you haven't changed any account information then you should be able to move your MicroCell to another location and just change the address where it is physically located. If that other location is within the same apartment, it could be a situation where there is something at its new location that is blocking the GPS signal and so the MicroCell cannot send its coordinates, or the new location has a new GPS location that is not understood by the Location Database. Apartment buildings are very difficult because of the GPS coordinates sent not always matching the physical address location. If that's the case, it could be that the Locational Database was updated at some point in time and there isn't a "match" for the GPS location and the simple act of moving it from one to another lost the "connection" and now there is nothing to validate your location. If you move your MicroCell to another room of even another location (summer home for example) you should not have to deactivate it. They are designed for portability, as long as the router and account requirements are still met.

Which model of MicroCell do you have, what does the light pattern look like and who is your ISP? Any upgrades to your equipment or service?

I might add that technically the MicroCell is still supported but realistically it's getting more and more difficult.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Model - DPH-154

The bars light blinks red and the satellite light below it blinks green. The other two are solid green.

Spectrum is my Internet Provider. No upgrades to my equipment since it worked last a week ago.

I am in a NYC studio apartment (basically one room) so shouldn't be an issue of moving in the house. It is in the same spot as before and close to a window.

Thanks!

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

@asb5ea the flashing green 3G light can mean a couple of things. Most common is that there is no connection to the AT&T Mobility Servers. The flashing green GPS light (satellite) means that the MicroCell is checking location via GPS. It will continue to flash green while it is performing the location check. Once it has completed the light will remain green. That doens't mean that location has been verified that just means it is done checking location.

I would suggest leaving it where you want and the performing a hard reset following the instructions given in my Tech Guide. Spectrum (Charter) has a long history of not playing nice with the MicroCell so I wouldn't put it past them to do something on their end (block a port for example) that has now affected the way the MicroCell can communicate with AT&T.

You might want to check the router to make sure that the router requirements are still being met, just in case.

Check the ac adapter with a voltmeter to make sure it read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load and then do a hard reset. Let us know.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question