For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
joey10,000's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 6:28 PM

How do I get a cell tower on my property?

There is piece of land that is up on a hill and the cell service in that area is awful. I think it would be an ideal place for a cell tower. Who do I need to contact to see if this is doable? 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@joey10,000 - petition the FCC and the local governmental agencies. If they agree, it could take years to build once regulatory approval has been given by all of the involved parties. The cellular providers also have to agree if it is to be a shared tower (most are). You would be better off to switch to a provider who offers better cellular coverage for your area or look into a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line) if you can receive at least one to two bars of cellular coverage now.

A MicroCell probably won't help because one, sales were discontinued by AT&T at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL and two, the MicroCell service itself will be discontinued once AT&T begins to dismantle their 3G network. You would need a wired internet connection (DSL, cable, or fiber) and a post paid AT&T cellular account to use a MicroCell.

We suggest you switch to WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable but you still need a post paid AT&T cellular account to be able to access WiFi-C on AT&T's network.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I would like a tower on my property.  How much does at&t pay to rent a spot? Signal is terrible out here. Would be good for all of Reeds Missouri to have it here.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Heyguys  - see my post above from January. It can take years, if ever, to get a cell tower on your property or close to it. Local governmental agencies, cellular carriers, and the FCC all need to agree that one is necessary. If it's agreed, then environmental impact studies need to be done, blah blah blah.

If you can get at least one to two bars of signal, then a cellular booster may work for you. See my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line for more info. If not, use WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable because that is what we and AT&T recommend now. If that option is also not going to work for you then your last option is to switch carriers to one that offers better coverage in  your area.

• 

1 Message

i leave in the indian resservation , i do not need town permits, who do i contact to set up a tower!!!!? no service at all!!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

@mauriegua86

As I mentioned in my above post from 10 months ago, the FCC et al has to decide on whether or not to allow a new cellular tower to be built, who the carriers will be etc. Whether you live on an Indian reservation or not is a moot point. It's the FCC, enviromental agencies and so forth that need to be consulted first and that can take years.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I own land that has a nice clearing for a cell tower. Have been contacted but need to know if I need to pursue or go with someone else. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

5 years ago

@Ost2OU1 - been contacted by who?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

Why is this post here again?

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Hi I live in spring hill Florida our signal here is awful can the infrastructure be updated this town has grown and continues to grow. We need more cell sites to improve our communications network overall. Our church on springhill Drive Joan of arc catholic church has several acres of property right off a major Thoroughfare which will greatly improve communications in this area.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I pay for AT&T Service and I think it is wrong that AT&T shows my area as having service. I pay an ungodly amount for cell service and believe it is wrong to advise me to get WIFI so I can get service. So I pay for my service plus have to purchase additional service to get one I’m already paying for??? This is ludicrous and a scam. I demand AT&T get something working in an area they have service or loose my business and a big paycheck in the process. I think if you accept AT&T telling you go get WiFI to get a service you are being charged for already then you need to examine yourself. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

3 years ago

This post appeared in the MicroCell Forum but has nothing to do with the MicroCell.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.