Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 2, 2016 2:25 PM

Does AT&T provide signal boosters to customers with poor signal?

Hello,

We recently moved to a new home and we are not getting a good cellular signal inside the home.  There is some signal outside.  We have three AT&T cellular phones in the home.  Can AT&T provide my family with a signal repeater or micocell?  Please help.  Thanks.

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T doesn't offer signal boosters. What they do have is a femtocell (MicroCell) which is a small 3G mini-tower. There is no monthly charge other than a one-time purchase cost. It is not corporate policy to give them out for free but you may be able to get one at a discount depending on how nice you are to support when you ask and if you are in a known area of poor in-home cellular reception. That being said, there are some who have received a free MicroCell so it doesn't hurt to ask. You have to have a post-paid AT&T cellular account and cable or DSL internet service (landline internet, not sat/wireless broadband.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

17 Messages

At&t does not offer any signal booster or Microcell, It is really important to mention the Wifi-calling service to improve connectivity, you can get Microcell by third party, but we won't be able to make sure this work.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

@olmedochris27 you sound like you're not really sure...

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

Read @OttoPylots post below

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have poor signal. My cell cuts out a lot. Do you have some kind of booster to help this problem?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

AT&T has never sold cellular boosters. As in the earlier post they have in the past sold a MicroCell, but that device has been discontinued.
The replacement technology is Wi-Fi calling on compatible devices.
If you wish to purchase a cellular booster, you can check out the weboost website. A cellular booster improves a weak signal, unlike the MicroCell which could create a signal where none existed at all

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

@Pamfloyd

As I've mentioned before, what AT&T offered at the time was the MicroCell, which is not a signal booster but a femtocell. However, AT&T discontinued sales of the MicroCell at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. The service will probably continue until sometime early next year (Feb. 2021) when it will be shutdown. What AT&T and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable.

You can still find them on eBay and other places similar to that but there are some caveats to purchasing used MicroCells which are covered in my Tech Guide (link is in my sig line). You do need to have a post paid AT&T celluar account and wired internet service (DSL, cable, or fiber).

If you want to use an actual signal booter, read my Cellular Booster Guide (link is also in my sig line) for a primer on what signal boosters can, and can not do, the various types, etc.

(edited)

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

@olmedochris27

@randomtacobelleater

Read my post above from a month ago.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…