For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Tylerh1986's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 10:25 PM

does at&t offer free microcell signal booster

Poor reception in house and read about free signal boosters from att and currently an att customer

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Josephsb - before you start switching accounts I would put your phone in Airplane Mode first (to disable the phone's cellular radio) and setup WiFi-C to make sure it meets your expectations. It should but it's an easy thing to do and check, just in case.

To change the primary account holder to one of your kids they will need to have a post paid account. However, this is AT&T so it might not be as easy as it sounds. You will need to deactivate the MicroCell to remove your phone number, wait a day or so to make sure the deactivation goes thru the system, and then switch account holders. Once that is done, then you can re-register and re-activate the MicroCell with the new primary number and add any other AT&T numbers to the Approved Users List if they are lost. Keep in mind that you may need to turn off the phones and then turn the back on so they can re-register the MicroCell as being part of their cellular neighborhood.

As long as your guest aren't registered to the MicroCell and they choose to use their own carrier's WiF-C, there shouldn't be a problem. But if they are registered to the MicroCell, and choose to use WiFi-C instead, they will need to place their phones in Airplane Mode.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I guess I will just  close out my att account and get a new phone company. If ATT can not furnish service without digging into my pockets for a service they claim to supply

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

I see you are posting about the same thing on another thread.  Here's my same answer:

Free Mcells were given to some customers years ago but that practice went away a long time ago. Regardless, the Mcell reached its End of Life on 12/31/17 and AT&T does not offer the Mcell to customers anymore, free or otherwise.  As lizdance40 indicated, you can pick up a used one on eBay or elsewhere.  Just be sure to read Otto's Tech Guide about buying used Mcells.  AT&T support for Mcells will fade away this year, so keep that in mind also.

AT&T won't give you a free phone either, so good luck with that one.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@barefootin56 wrote:

I guess I will just  close out my att account and get a new phone company. If ATT can not furnish service without digging into my pockets for a service they claim to supply

I see @Avedis53 beat me to it but you really should keep your posts to one thread as it makes it easier for us, and others to help you. As you have already been told, AT&T will not be giving you anything for free so you're probably better off to start shopping around for a new carrier who offers better service in your area. Femtocells are a dying out and the future is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am very dissatisfied with AT&T cellular service. I was much better off with Metro PCS. The phones were better and so was the service. The plan I had was much better for less money than I am paying with AT&T. I had unlimited 4g data and talk and text. I never had signal trouble no matter where I went. Now I barely have signal at home and the phone the agent picked doesn't have enough memory for anything. As soon as I can afford to pay off my contract I will go back to Metro PCS. Thanks for nothing AT&T.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Unclesucker1973  And the point of the post?   🙄

T-mobile has no coverage where I live, that’s doesnt detract from their ability to provide excellent service within their coverage area.  Same for ATT.   It is up to the customer to do the leg work and test the network and make choices.  You had 14 days to return phones and change you mind.  

Better phones?  Since most carriers sell the exact same phones, that’s hogwash.  An Apple is an Apple. A Samsung is a Samsung, etc.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@Unclesucker1973 - let me echo @lizdance40, what is the point of your post? If you are dissatisfied with AT&T then move on. We are volunteers here who have no real allegiance to a particular carrier. We just help AT&T customers where we can. A phone is a phone. The MicroCell requires a post paid AT&T cellular account. However, it's been discontinued  so your best option is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable of that. Most carriers are switching to WiFi-C as a more reliable connection technology than a femtocell. See my sig line for your options.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

Heh....one post troll.  

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

6 years ago

🐐🐐🐐  my 3 billy goats Gruff agree.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

Smiley Very Happy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.