Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 3, 2016 10:25 PM

does at&t offer free microcell signal booster

Poor reception in house and read about free signal boosters from att and currently an att customer

Responses

Associated Member

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

As an AT&T Representative, I can tell you that they do not openly offer the MicroCell to customers anymore. You are able to obtain one however, if customer service can verify that you are receiving poor signal in your home. So please, do not be upset that you were not offered the MicroCell. If you are able to get one through customer service I do believe that it is $99 and there is a $9.99 service charge for the MicroCell

*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@AyeeItssJayy25 - that is not accurate at all. IF AT&T offers a MicroCell it’s a refurbed unit. AT&T discontinued sales at end of last year because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. Support, and us, recommend WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) now. As an “AT&T Representative” you are very misinformed. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Associated Member

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I apologize, as I was informed of this through customer service when a customer came in to the store with them on the phone, this happened only a week ago. Thank you for the correct information, I will be sure to not give the wrong information out next time
*I am a trusted partner that is associated with AT&T, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@AyeeItssJayy25 - sales of the MicroCell by AT&T were discontinued at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. Support will continue, such that it is, throughout next year but it will become less reliable until AT&T discontinues the service altogether, which will start to happen once AT&T begins to dismantle their 3G network. WiFi-C is what is recommended now if the phone supports it. The other options are a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 years ago

@AyeeItssJayy25  $9.99 service charge?      Monthly on the bill?  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@lizdance40 - another AT&T employee who tries to help but is given incorrect info by Support because they are clueless. 

Avedis53

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

I trust you aren't surprised by this...

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@Avedis53 - not at all. But at least this employee replied back and is now better informed. These kinds of posts are only going to become more frequent as support dwindles to the point of being completely useless, and once AT&T begins to dismantle the 3G network.......

Nice to see you back😉

Avedis53

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

So what you're saying is that support isn't completely useless currently?  Heh...

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 years ago

@OttoPylot

Frightening.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@lizdance40 - it’s only going to get worse and worse next year. 

Avedis53

ACE - Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

2 years ago

Twice nothing is still.....nothing.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

i recived one while ago,it worked well for first year then, downhill on and on off sginal , now it dosent show up ..

till i go ON THE ATT WEBSITE TO SEE IF IT IS ACTIVE>>THEN IT SHOW UP ON TOP LEFT OF PHONE >>TILL I LEAVE THE HOUSE...

and fyi they want you to foot the bill first of $199 and give bill credit..

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.8K Messages

2 years ago

@rushi7979 - the MicroCell has a limited range so once you leave the house, it will attempt to connect (hand off) to the closest tower that is part of its cellular neighborhood.

Sales of the MicroCell were discontinued at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. AT&T will continue to support it, whatever that means, for the time being but the service itself will be terminated probably once AT&T begins to dismantle their 3G network. What AT&T, and us, recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone supports it. Otherwise your only other options are to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice.

We would need more information on how you have the MicroCell setup, your ISP, type of phone, etc before we can help you further. You might want to check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If it doesn't, replace the adapter with one of the same rating and see if that corrects. 

What do you mean about the signal going on and off? Is this on the MicroCell or your phone? What does the light pattern look like on the MicroCell?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

a year ago

Help, My name is Rich V  and I am an AT&T retiree. My wife and I just purchased a new home at   San Luis Obispo, 93405. We both have AT&T iPhones and get 2 bars inside the house. We can send and receive texts while inside the house, but all incoming and outgoing voice calls fail. If we stand outside, we can make and receive calls. How can I get two free AT&T microcells? We have strong internet in the house. There are two homes on our property and my son-in-law is on duty 24X7 and has the same problem. His address is   San Luis Obispo, 93405. They also have fast internet in their house as well.  Thank You in advance for your help. Rich V[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]