For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
K

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 3:02 AM

Cell Phone Signal Booster Registration??? AT&T is denying they allow these!?! Amazon says they Do! Who is lying to me???

I have called twice to AT&T and gotten the same answer about my Cell Phone Signal Booster made by Phonetone. They deny they support it and act like I am speaking chinese and they have never heard of signal boosters. They say they stopped offering them years ago and stopped allowing them. Yet on AT&T.com the bottom of the page has a click for : "Register my signal booster". So it seems AT&T is lying to me. The seller on Amazon for the unit I purchased has hundreds of people saying the thing works. So whats the truth AT&T???!!!

I have clicked the register link and filled out and submitted the document two different times. A week apart. I have heard nothing and my signal booster still doesn't get signal. AT&T what is the truth????

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Registering a signal booster does not mean ATT supports them. Allowed, yes. Supported, no. Registration is an FCC requirement. There is no guarantee a signal booster will work. If the signal booster is not able to receive a signal to boost, there isn’t much you can do and there is definitely nothing ATT can or will do. In any event, ATT does not support signal boosters. Registration only allows you to operate it.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

The people you have spoken to are assuming (incorrectly) you’re asking about a microcell. AT&T used to sell a mini tower called a microcell that had to be connected to your home Internet service and required a postpaid cell plan to register. They have no idea what you’re talking about when you refer to a cell booster, AT&T has never sold one and does not have anything on their website to recommend them.

A signal booster cannot create a signal out of nothing it can only amplified a poor signal to make it usable..

I am not familiar with this brand that you have purchased. I have no idea if it will amplify the frequencies that AT&T uses for LTE.

It is a requirement of the FCC that you register your signal booster. It really has nothing to do with AT&T other than AT&T was nice enough to provide you with the link to let the FCC know that you are using a signal booster to amplify AT&T’s signal. If the signal booster does not work, it has nothing to do with whether or not it is registered. It will work even if you don’t notify the FCC that you have it. You’re just not supposed to.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.