Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Nov 23, 2016 6:16 PM

can't get Mcell on iphone6

Have bad cell phone reception. ATT sent a new black microcell Aug 11 2016. Worked great until about 3 weeks ago. At first had trouble getting sold green internet light. That was fixed but still going to AT&T wifi with only 1 to 3 bars. Will not go to Mcell. Working with support doing normal stuff like reset, power off and on etc. I have TWC. Speeds are good. Bought a new Arris router to save $ back in June. Worked fine. There is no way to play with ports which Arris tech support explained to me. You can do a reset which was done. I am working with ATT support but figured I would throw it out there.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Just talked with ATT. All set. Had to set wifi callling off. thn shut LTE off in cellular data. Last reboot. Thanks.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.3K Messages

4 years ago

Yep. You can not have WiFi-C enabled on your phone and use the MicroCell at the same time. The phones can not automatically switch to a preferred signal. If you need the MicroCell for other phones that are not WiFi-C capable, then you will need to leave WiFi-C disabled on the phone or enable Airplane Mode on the phone which will disable the cellular radio so the phone will use the WiFi.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.