Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
J

• 

1 Message

Sat, May 16, 2020 10:19 PM

AT&T Microcell 3G

I have an AT&T Microcell 3G, Cisco Model DPH153-AT. Will it work with my AT&T cellphone?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

2 months ago

If you have a post paid AT&T celluar account and a land-based internet connection (DSL, cable, or fiber) then it should. Keep in mind that the MicroCell is not a cellular booster, it is a femtocell (it uses your internet connection to reach the AT&T Mobility Servers).

I say should because AT&T stopped selling the MicroCell at the end of 2017 because it had reached its EOL. The service will continue until AT&T begins to transition away from their 3G network, probably around Feb. 2021 and certainly by early 2022. It is possible though that AT&T will not want to register/activate a 3G device that is soon to be useless.

If you purchased it second hand (eBay for example) then the original owner should have deactivated it (removed it from their account). If not, AT&T will not do that and you are stuck with a bookend.

(edited)

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question