Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

• 

1 Message

Sun, May 10, 2020 6:05 PM

AT&T micro cell Model DPH151

My micro cell comes on with "power" only light. I tried plugging it directly into an outlet and still no change. Please help

Dennis (Edited as per community guidelines) [email scrubbed]

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

11.9K Messages

2 months ago

Check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. It could be that the adatper is failing and not delivering adequate power to the radios and/or board. A green power light just means that current is detected. It is not an indicator of adequate current.

The DPH-151 is also the original model. It could also mean that the unit itself has finally died. They can't be repaired and AT&T stopped selling them at the end of 2017 because the MicroCell has reached its EOL. The service itself will be shutdown as well because AT&T is transitioning away from their 3G network. Shut down will probably be around Feb. 2021 and certainly by early 2022, if not sooner.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question