Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
N

• 

8 Messages

Wed, Oct 21, 2020 11:32 PM

ATT 3G MicroCell activation login redirects to paygonline.com

hi

i have an account since forever i can log in with my phone number and pw, and i can see all my information.

when i go to att.com/3gmicrocell click on activate, then personal account, it redirects me to the login page signin.att.com where i type in my credentials and am redriected to the paygonline.com account page with no microcell activation.

how can i fix this?

Responses

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

@NashT The myAT&T MicroCell Settings page has been broken for months. It keeps redirecting to another page and then eventually times out. I made AT&T aware of this months ago. If you can get a hold of someone in Support, they have access to the settings page internally (most of the time) and might be able to make changes for you but there is no guarantee that the changes will save properly. The issue is that external logging in is broke and AT&T just does not want to allocate the proper resources to fix it. Most of those resources have since been moved to other projects. AT&T just does not want to fix the issues on a product they no longer sell and a service that will be terminated no later than Feb. 2022, or sooner once they shut down their 3G network.

Did your MicroCell ever work or are you trying to register/activate for the first time?

All you can do is keep trying or switch to WiFi-C, which is what AT&T and us recommend now.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

hi thanks well there's that. i guess it goes back to the trash. i just wanted to have a temporary solution because the wireless signal in the house (and the whole complex) is useless except for a few spots. ironically i have some reception in the middle of the house in the bathroom covered with tiles, rooms, walls and a whole floor above and below and standing next to the livingroom's window. so i wanted to put the repeater in the window for a better reception.

allegedly they're installing an antenna closer to us now after complaining though.

the problem is i learned that they have a not 360 degree antenna pointing in the opposite direction (lame) close to us where a little farther there's a 360 antenna but the phone picks the physically closest . (lame)

another carrier's sim card works fine in the same phone, the att sim acts the same way in another phone.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

Apartment complexes can be difficult due to building materials, interference, orientation, etc. Antenna propagation and signal strength can be an issue as well but that is not always a decision by AT&T due to FCC regs, etc.

The MicroCell, btw, is not a repeater but a femtocell. It broadcasts a 3G signal that may or may not work in your situation because of GPS lock, location verification, etc.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

i understand. at the same time i'm sure i'm missing something.

because at least 2 other carriers that i know of work just fine while att is having 0 bars at the exact same spot(s).

microcell was just a failed try to fix something that's not my fault.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

I do understand your frustration. Sounds like you should consider switching carriers to one who offers better coverage in your situation.

• 

8 Messages

a month ago

so you're saying, that you check the menu pictures in a restaurant, get something not as pretty as on the pictures, and you simply walk out the place and go to the next restaurant?

my frustration is that that they claim that there is an excellent service "in my area" yet i can't make a single phonecall in my house. that is my frustration.

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

Again, I understand your frustration and I wish there was something we could do here but there's not. This is not an official AT&T Support forum so all we can do is offer suggestions.

Coverage maps are misleading with any provider because while they may show how far the signal propagates, they are not an indicator, in some cases, of the reliability of that signal. If you live in an apartment complex that adds an additional layer of potential signal interference.

If you don't want to switch carriers, which admittedly is a pain, then WiFi-C is your only other viable option.

Get started...

Ask a new question