Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

Sat, Jun 13, 2020 4:46 PM

Accessing your myAT&T MicroCell Settings Page

There are lots of issues currently with the myAT&T MicroCell Settings page. Part of the reason is that the MicroCell Service will be discontinued sometime late next year or early 2022 and AT&T probably doesn't want to allocate resources to a service that they will no longer offer or support in the very near future. The other reason may be how this website has been configured and managed after the update earlier in the year, which did not, and has not gone well. That being said, NOW is the time to start considering your alternatives. WiFi-C, as we have been saying for a couple of years now is your best option, because AT&T will not be offering a solution for poor in-home coverage like they did with the MicroCell going forward. That will mean upgrading your phones to WiFi-C capable phones which is not a pleasant thought for most of you, let alone the cost. Your only other options, at this point in time besides WiFi-C would be to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line) or to switch carriers.

I have been successful on a couple of occasions in the last two week to get to my myAT&T MicroCell Settings page following the steps below. I didn't make any changes and save them so I don't know if that works or not.

1. go to att.com

2. login to your myAT&T account

3. under the search  menu "I'm looking for...." type in Microcell and you should see Microcell Management from the drop down menu. If you search for Microcell Management directly you may hit a brick wall

4. select Microcell Management

5. you should see AT&T Microcell Settings as an option so click on that

6. select Personal Account. You may have to back out and try that again a couple of times. It took me two tries

7. pick the phone number that your MicroCell is registered to. It should have the MicroCell's serial number associated with it.

8. click Continue and you should see your settings

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Responses

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

Tried multiple browsers, in private mode and not, tried reloading that page multiple times, tried using a different computer on a different network, tried using my ipad instead and still could not get in.  

What OS/browser were you using?  Any special settings for in private mode etc or handling cookies? 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

@rwmj5 I used Firefox on a MacBook Pro running Catalina. I never use private mode. Occasionally I'll delete cookies on exiting Firefox. Works for me on Safari as well.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

UPDATE: I was successful in logging into my myMicroCell Settings page about 30 minutes ago. I cleared cookies/cache and used Safari (Catalina OS).

I went to the main AT&T.com page and logged into my account. I searched for Microcell Maintenance and clicked on it. From there I clicked on the Microcell Settings drop down and it took me, with a redirect or two, to main MicroCell Page. I clicked on Personal and was taken immediately to my myMicroCell Settings page. I wanted to check the settings and they were fine.

I then dusted off the DPH-154, connected it to the router and powered it up. 30 minutes later I was connected and my phone indicated the AT&T M-Cell alpha tag with all signal strengths full bars (cellular and WiFi). I did disable WiFi-C on my phone but left WiFi enabled (which is what one should do). Call quality is fine so I'll leave it up and running for a day or so and then disconnect and go back to WiFi-C.

AT&T is aware of the issues. At first they said there were no problems with the page but they were checking from an internal connection. I suggested trying an external connection and that's when they saw the problems. However, the MicroCell is not a priority item now what with CV-19, the service quickly approaching sunset, and the re-assignment of personnel. I'll stay on it as long as I can and push for a fix....

Get started...

Ask a new question