Accessing your myAT&T MicroCell Settings Page
There are lots of issues currently with the myAT&T MicroCell Settings page. Part of the reason is that the MicroCell Service will be discontinued sometime late next year or early 2022 and AT&T probably doesn't want to allocate resources to a service that they will no longer offer or support in the very near future. The other reason may be how this website has been configured and managed after the update earlier in the year, which did not, and has not gone well. That being said, NOW is the time to start considering your alternatives. WiFi-C, as we have been saying for a couple of years now is your best option, because AT&T will not be offering a solution for poor in-home coverage like they did with the MicroCell going forward. That will mean upgrading your phones to WiFi-C capable phones which is not a pleasant thought for most of you, let alone the cost. Your only other options, at this point in time besides WiFi-C would be to purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line) or to switch carriers.
I have been successful on a couple of occasions in the last two week to get to my myAT&T MicroCell Settings page following the steps below. I didn't make any changes and save them so I don't know if that works or not.
1. go to att.com
2. login to your myAT&T account
3. under the search menu "I'm looking for...." type in Microcell and you should see Microcell Management from the drop down menu. If you search for Microcell Management directly you may hit a brick wall
4. select Microcell Management
5. you should see AT&T Microcell Settings as an option so click on that
6. select Personal Account. You may have to back out and try that again a couple of times. It took me two tries
7. pick the phone number that your MicroCell is registered to. It should have the MicroCell's serial number associated with it.
8. click Continue and you should see your settings
MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot