Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
C

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Oct 21, 2020 10:49 PM

3G MicroCell

The microell has failed with no lights in view. Checked the power unit and it smells of burnt micarda. Replace with a compatable unit and still no lights on the Microcell. No cell phone service in our area and need this problem resolved ASAP as we are seniors and need phone for emergency backup. Need replacement.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.3K Messages

a month ago

I am guessing you're having a poor time when you call AT&T because there's no longer any MicroCell available. The MicroCell was discontinued three years ago. The replacement technology is Wi-Fi calling. Since you already have home internet, all you need is a phone that is Wi-Fi calling capable. Almost every phone sold through AT&T in the past 5 years is Wi-Fi calling capable, all you would have to do is turn the feature on

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

AT& T is irresponsible and has the worst customer service of any company I have dealt with in my 88 years. I have called for help two days now and after talking to a CS rep for 30-40 minutes they say they will connect me with the proper Tech and I get disconnected each time.Hours waisted. Unacceptable. This has been the case for years. My only resolve is complain to Public Utilities Commission, FCC or my Congressman. Sad AT&T can not do better. They act like a 3rd world comany.Richard

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.3K Messages

a month ago

By the way cellular service is not considered a public utility in 48 out of 50 states

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

5 Messages

a month ago

I have switched my iPhone over to Wi- Fi calling. The CS Rep never told me that the 3G Microcells are no longer used by AT&T. Some training needed? Especially in customer service. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

13K Messages

a month ago

@cyberkal32 It sounds like whatever fried the ac adapter also fried your MicroCell. If a new ac adapter that has the same specs can't bring it back to life then it is done for. The MicroCell's can not be repaired.

AT&T discontinued the MicroCells at the end of 2017 because they have reached their EOL. The service itself will be terminated no later than Feb. 2022, or sooner once AT&T shuts down their 3G network so there is little incentive now for AT&T to support a product they no longer sell and will be useless in another year. WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) is what AT&T and us recommend now if your phone is capable.

You can find used MicroCell's on eBay etc but I would not recommend that. Even if you find one that has been properly deactivated by the original owner getting to your myAT&T MicroCell Settings page is very difficult because the page has had issues for a very long time and AT&T just doesn't want to allocate the resources to fix it.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.3K Messages

a month ago

Even when AT&T was using the MicroCell, most customer service agents were completely clueless as to how it worked or even what it was.

With turn over being what it is it is highly unlikely that anyone you spoke to was even an AT&T employee three years ago when the MicroCell was still viable

Get started...

Ask a new question