For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
jpenaflorida's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, December 17th, 2011 3:32 AM

3G Microcell - 3G Red Light Flashing

My GPS, Ethernet, and power light are on with a solid green. My 3G light is a solid red that flashes every three seconds. I use a Netgear router/modem; honestly, I'm not sure what a modem or router looks like but I plugged the microcell's ethernet into the Netgear. I've tried disconnecting then reactivating the microcell. No luck.

Any advice on how to troubleshoot this issue would be awesome. I live in the countryside where cell phone reception is severely limited. Thanks!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had this issue and resolved it by going to http://att.com/3gMicroCell and deleting then adding my home address under the location/e911 section.  

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

6 years ago

@hughchung - the flashing red 3G light means that your location could not be verified. This can happen after a nightly maintenance check. Re-entering your address sort of resets your location, but if you live in a rural area or similar area, the location check will probably fail again because the received GPS coordinates do not match what is in the locational database.

Sales of the MicroCell has been discontinued as of the end of 2017. The service itself will also eventually be discontinued as well so you need to look into your options, which are WiFi-C (WiFi Calling), if your phone is capable, purchase a cellular booster (see my Cellular Booster Guide, link is in my sig line), switch carriers, or possibly try Google Voice.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.