Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jul 28, 2020 6:31 PM

36 Microcell has solid redlight on top

for the past few months my microcell tower has not been working so I can't call or text anyone at my house.  does anyone know how to fix this issue? it just has a solid redlight on top

Responses

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

I have had the microcell for a few years now and for the past year it has not worked at all.  currently anytime it gets pulgged in it has a solid red light on the top and I've called AT&T about it before but to no avail.  my wifi calling does not really work so I am hoping to get this fixed or at&t send me a new one since this one is defective

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled 3g microcell not working
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

42.2K Messages

Duplicate post. Please stick to one thread.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

@sandblaster I responded and moved the post to the MicroCell Forum.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

2 months ago

First of all I'm going to move this to the MicroCell Forum where it really belongs.

Which model of MicroCell do you have, the white or black model. It makes a difference because the LED arrangement is different. On the white models, the power LED is the top light and the 3G LED is the bottom one. On the black model, the 3G light is the top LED and the power LED is on the bottom.

If it's the power light, then I'd check the ac adapter with a voltmeter to make sure it is reading 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If not, replace the adapter with one of the same rating that checks out ok. If it's the 3G light then that's a whole 'nuther matter which we can discuss once you properly identify which LED it is.

Keep in mind that the MicroCell service itself will be discontinued in about a year from now once AT&T begins to shutdown their 3G network so I'd start planning now for an alternative. What AT&T and us recommend now is WiFi-C (WiFi Calling) if your phone is capable.

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

This is the white version and the power is working fine I checked the adapter

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

12.6K Messages

2 months ago

@microcell_is_dope 

If it is the top light (power) that is a solid red, your unit may have failed because even if the power adapter checks out at 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load, nothing is making it to the boards. If that's the case, you have a nice doorstop because they can not be repaired and your only option is to find a used one on eBay (not recommended) or switch to WiFi-C (recommended).

The LED pattern for the white MicroCells (DPH-151 and 153) is, top to bottom,

power, ethernet, GPS, computer, and 3G.

AT&T does not sell them anymore as of the end of 2017 so getting a replacement from AT&T is highly unlikely. Besides, you'd be out of warranty.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question