Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
brett8721's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 19, 2016 1:51 AM

Local Chanels Bowling Green, KY

Why can we still not get local channels in Bowling Green, KY? I have applied for a DNS waiver and all channels were denied. I continue to hear from your representatives "keep checking back, it should be coming soon." I cant get my locals and I cant get Distant Network Services. What are my options here? Dish Network???

Responses

shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

22.7K Messages

5 y ago

DTV and dish can only give you the locals in your DMA per FCC rules.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
TexasBrit

ACE - Expert

• 

17.5K Messages

5 y ago

The Bowling Green situation is very confused. There are no locals and everyone was getting the DNS channels. Then out of the blue ALL the DNS channels disappeared, and as far as I know no-one has been able to get them back, so effectively people in the Bowling Green DMA can't get the networks at all.

Do not understand why this has happened.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

Thanks TexasBrit, I have been on every forum i can find trying to find new information or a solution. I dont know what is more frustrating, the fact that directv does not provide locals or that my DNS request was denied even when I dont have locals available. The people I spoke with made it seem like the fact that i dont already have them available would make it almost a garantee that i would be approved for DNS

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 y ago

Can you get locals via an OTA antenna? If you do, then the denial of the DNS is correct.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I do yes, but the signal on most days is unwatchable. I guess I would just like an actual explaination from DirecTV as to why our locals are not available when every other provider seems to have them? I cant seem to get anything but shoulder shrugs.

peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

5 y ago

Federal legislation allows consumers to arrange a digital signal strength test to verify whether the predictive model used to determine DNS eligibility is correct. If the test indicates that your location cannot receive a sufficiently strong signal from your local stations, DIRECTV may add DNS service to your account. DIRECTV will provide you with information about testing requirements but you must make all the necessary arrangements and pay for any associated costs. (Pricing varies but typically runs between $150 and $500.) Get more info on signal strength testing.

http://www.directv.com/DNS/DNS%20Fullfilment%20Letter.pdf?referrer=https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2627/kw/dns/related/1

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

It's obvious by the ATT slow response to the Cleveland area contract for CBS broadcast that there is little regard for subscribers. This is in synch with discussions on CNBC that ATT wants out of the UVerse business due to higher service costs vs. satellite. Obviously ATT doesn't grasp the fact that most cable customers will not be satisfied with the ongoing problems associated with dish reception. Their inaction in our area has been the biggest boon to Time Warner in past years.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 y ago

Cable tv is supposed to provide local channels to it's subscribers. Where is WOIO channel 19 ???  We watch much more than basketball.  Local news-gone.  My wife's soaps-gone. Several other shows-MIA !  Stations used to make money from advertiser's.  U Verse used to provide local channels for free!  Both need to get it together for the people who watch.  Take away the high priced bonuses for owners on both sides and I'd bet we could watch a channel that required rabbit ears & UF loops when we started to watch it.  

Get started...

Ask a new question