Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
directvlongtime's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Dec 23, 2017 2:29 AM

I'm about to CANCEL my DIRECTV service!

I've been with Directv for about 20 years.  I had to cancel for awhile during the recession so my account says I've been with Directv since 2008.  Yesterday I was told by Directv that I qualified for a free upgrade to HDTV equipment (DVR), and now today I'm being told that I don't qualify and it will cost me $448.00 to upgrade.   I finally have the money to buy an HDTV as I have been using an older TV for years and I get hit with this huge price tag.  All these years of loyalty to Directv, paying for NBA league pass, moving the service from location to location, etc etc, and no loyalty in return.  If this huge fee isn't waived then I might as well cancel Directv and I'll just stream my shows instead.   Not happy.  Ron 

Responses

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

27.2K Messages

3 y ago

If it has been a couple years, of active service, since you've upgraded a free one should be available. Being told about a free upgrade yesterday, but not today doesn't sound right.

I would suggest before calling them back to verify the free upgrade, post the model numbers of your current boxes so other long term customers who have been through many upgrades can steer you right. Some newer AT&T agents I feel don't suggest the option that is best for the individual customer and just go for whatever is the 'hot' item, regardless if it is best for you or not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Included after every post)
I am a customer, not an employee. This is a public forum.
For official support call DirecTV 1-800-531-5000 or AT&T 1-800-288-2020.
www.directv.com or www.att.com
Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question