StLou12's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, February 19th, 2017 11:25 PM

Class Action Lawsuit Against AT&T U-verse for Unlawful Charges and Fees?

Does anyone know if a class action lawsuit is pending against AT&T (U-Verse) for one-time changes and fees? Three months ago I contacted a customer representative (Jena, by name) asking if the programming for U-Verse had changed as I thought it looked like Direct TV programming. Jena responded to my question by saying she "was looking." At the end of our conversation, she said she would like to offer  HBO and CINAMAX to me free for three months for the inconvenience I had experienced. In that three month period, I did not watch HBO or CINAMAX. I entered the time in my calendar and called this past week to make certain these two were not part of my future statements as I did not want them. I received an email statement after this request was made showing the onetime service charges and fees. I feel that AT&T is instructing the support personnel to scam AT&T U-Verse customers and that this is in direct conflict with the ethical and honest practices outlined in the AT&T Code by their CEO who claims that integrity is important to this communications company. Recently another communications company was made to refund fees in a class action lawsuit that found they had levied fees and services charges that were unlawful. It seems that AT&T needs to be investigated for the same practices and a class action suit needs to be filed against them. Does anyone know if this has been done?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

7 years ago

Section 11 of theTOS states that class actions are not permitted and disputes shall be solved through arbitration.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I just received a check along with a letter of explanation from T-Mobile. As a result of a class action lawsuit, T-Mobile had to refund charges that had been made that were unlawful. Why wouldn't AT&T be accountable in the same way?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.