Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
crutnacker's profile
crutnacker
Celestial 50!
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

74 Messages

Sun, Jul 2, 2017 4:17 PM

Anyone switched to Direct TV from Uverse? Any thoughts on the switch?

I'm contemplating making a switch from U-verse to Direct TV, but I'm not sure if it offers me any advantages.   We have almost every channel U-verse offers now, and it seems as though trying to get the equivalent from Direct TV may be a bit more expensive.   

Can anyone weigh in on what they think the advantages or disadvantages are?  How reliable is Direct TV?  How hard is it to knock your cable bill back down when your deal expires?   

Does pulling TV off of your gateway improve internet reliablity?   

It's frustrating because Direct TV acts like a separate company from AT&T/U-verse, and I feel like I'm getting scammed when I talk to reps sometimes who talk about switching.   

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

24.4K Messages

4 y ago

Keep in mind that nearly all of the DIRECTV deals come with two year commitments, but only one year of discounts.  I advise you to take the monthly costs for each of the 24 months, add whatever installation or one time costs apply, then divide by 24 and see what your actual monthly costs would be (compared to what you pay now).

I've seen the posts of some who have switched and said that they missed this or that thing, but honestly I don't remember what they said.

Removing the U-verse TV traffic from your connection can free up bandwidth for Internet if you did a lot of HD recording/viewing, and can improve error rates if you have a marginal SNR and don't use all the capacity of your connection.  But if you have problems with the connection going out completely, then removing video from it isn't likely to help.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.