For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
NOMOBILEDVR's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, November 6th, 2016 4:18 AM

Re: Mobile DVR (Error Code 801)

Wow... after spending hours over the past few weeks, pulling my hair out, and wasting time on the phone with Technical support... my problem of activating Mobile DVR service hasn't been resolved either.  I've gotten the same run around with everyone I've spoken to at Direct TV.. they tell me to uninstall and reinstall the app; to my reciever has to be activated. After going in this circle for about an hour, I eventually get told they will need to call me back.  Once again, same experience - NO ONE EVER CALLS BACK!! The customer service on trying to resolve this issue has been horrbile and the information provided has been less that truthful, bordering on complete lies.  Until I found this forum tonight, I thought maybe I was experiencing this in isolatation.. now I know, they treat everyone this way.   There is something seriously wrong here and the problem seems systemic.  Despite multiple request to have my problem escalated, I was offered no alternative solution except, reinstall, and we'll call you back.  I am so frustrated and disappointed at this point, that I'm considering canceling my service.  At well over $150 per month for DirecTV, the ability to deliver the services expected should be more reliable.  Hopefully, someone from AT&T/DirectTV will read this and get some action to resolve this or provide answers.   My theory is this is a networking problem, related to SWIM or Whole Home private networks - but no one on any of my technical support calls seem to understand basic networking issues.  I've been unable to locate any technical documentation on MDVR, to ensure any required firewall ports and services are open and not being blocked.  Again, tech support has no answers.  Did I mention how p!ssed and upset I am as a customer!? 

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.