Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Internet Forum

Internet Forum

Share tips and tricks with other AT&T Internet customers.
Ask a question

Latest conversations

View More

(82735)
AT&T Fiber not as fast as before.

Some background information: -18 devices connected at all times -Most are on the 5GHz band (this is automatic) -Xfinity cable is wirelessly connected to provide cable service (ARRISGro Device) -Interruptions in cable or even internet. -Used to get 800Mbps down and up on wifi (paying for 2G

Questions

• AT&T Internet

5268AC Router - Not Getting Correct Speed

After unplugging the router and plugging it back, I am getting 20mbps instead of 50mbps that I should receive. When I checked the Advanced Device Configuration site, I saw under "Gateway Status" that there is "Battery is not present". Is this something that could affect the slow download speed that

Questions

• AT&T Internet

AT&T broke fiber line and no showed twice for repairs

Monday afternoon AT&T sent a crew to bury a fiber line in our back yard. They broke the line, cutting internet to the house. They told me they reported the problem and had a technician coming to fix it and they left. No technician showed up. This morning I contacted AT&T to check on the sta

Questions

• Internet with AT&T Fiber

Account number

How to get an account number

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Green box front yard

What is the process for getting this removed or a box underground. I am redoing my front yard and am laying new pipes.

Questions

• AT&T Internet

At random times at least once a day wifi becomes "connected with no internet access"?

This occurs randomly (this would not be a big deal but it causes my wifi based work phone calls to drop) but it does this at random times and no lights change on the router or wall mounted box. It goes into this state for anywhere between 30 seconds and 2 minutes and always resolves itself. What cou

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Accepted Solution

Do you have to hire a contractor to bury your fiber?

I work for a sprinkler repair company. A customer claims that after we replaced two heads on his sprinkler system, closed the ticket, got paid and left, he noticed that his internet was out. So, he says we must have cut his fiber. One month later, he emails and says he would like us to reimburse him

Questions

• AT&T Internet

How do I file a claim for damages to my property incurred due to installation of fiber-optic lines?

An AT&T contractor installing fiber-optic lines damaged my pool drain lines, ruptured a gas line, and damaged a sprinkler line. I spent three hours on the phone on with AT&T representatives on Thursday, May 5, 2022 with no results.  I was transferred from department to department. 

Questions

Door Knocker Scam

I'm pretty sure that I gave two wholly unrelated people wearing AT&T branded stuff my information. I called AT&T themselves and they said I have no appointment set up for the date I set it. The availability website says I only have the garbage 50MB/s plan available at my address. I think the

Questions

Moving Service was a Nightmare

I am posting this here, not to ask a question, but more as an open letter to AT&T. I recently moved to a new apartment, actually, I only moved one door down to the apartment next door, and it was an all-around horrible experience. On August 5th I placed my first call with AT&T support to set

Questions

Closed

Extremely upset being billed after service ended

Please help direct me to the appropriate agency to consult to resolve a billing problem with Direct TV. I canceled my combined AtT/Direct TV account. I returned the equipment in early September. Direct TV told me they are separate from ATT and will not remove two months of charges. I have become ext

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Fiber Optic down since 9/30

Hurricane Ian came through on Thursday and mid-day Friday the fiber optic went out in a large area of the county I live in. Neighbors moved to Spectrum because AT&T won’t give an estimate of when it’ll be back up.  Having to work remotely and the 1st customer service rep gives $20 credit a

Questions

extender

I see that ATT has a network extender for $10/month. What is the advantage of getting one of these directly from ATT and paying monthly over purchasing an extender outright and not paying monthly.

Questions

• AT&T Internet

Closed Account for over a month but still receiving a bill

My account has been closed for over a month and have had NO internet activity as well but I’m still receiving a bill. This needs to be fixed NOW. I have screen shots of the new payment due. I will be waiting on and email from AT&T. User ID: [email scrubbed] [email scrubbed] Account number: (

Questions

Fiber installation crew cut through neighborhood water main twice now in 3 days

What can be done about this? They obviously don't know what they are doing.  We are all either without water or having to boil what little we have.

Questions

Not finding what you're looking for?
Get the freedom to change your mind
With no annual contract, you’re never locked in if your needs change or if you want to upgrade to a higher speed.

Got a few minutes to learn more?

Check out these informative articles and resources.

Abstract rendering of Fiber optic internet.

EXPLAINER

What’s fiber internet?

Between remote work, gaming, streaming videos, social media, email, and so on, many of us spend a huge portion of our lives online. That’s what draws so many people to internet powered by fiber.
Woman working from home and videoconferencing with several colleagues.

TRENDING NOW

AT&T Fiber now delivers speeds up to 5 GIG

Is your home internet fast enough? Depending on speed tier availability and your household’s connectivity needs, you may choose an AT&T Fiber plan with hyper-gig speeds.
Three kids lounging on a sofa and browsing the web on their respective devices.

BLOG

A quick introduction to Wi-Fi 6

Wi-Fi 6 was designed to improve on previous standards in several ways, including more efficient battery usage, higher maximum bandwidth, improve security features, and more!
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.