Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Home Phone Forum

Home Phone Forum

Find answers to common AT&T Home Phone questions, 24x7.
Ask a question

Latest conversations

View More

(13115)
Charged for an extra line for 12 years

I just found out through one of your customer service representatives that ATT has been charging me for an extra line since 2009. ATT Is saying they will give me 50.00 credit. I have been a customer for 35 years . That’s pretty sad to treat your customers that way . 

Questions

• Landline Home Phone

landline phone

i'm trying to get my landline service removed for over a week and all that happens is they transfer me to someone else and another transfer. I'm tired of paying for something I do not want. What can I do?  

Questions

• Landline Home Phone

Tech service old phone box removal

I have an apparent obsolete phone box on my property that is not connected . I’d like it removed. Who do I contact for this service? Callling Att is unhelpful.

Questions

• Landline Home Phone

Porting a landline number to a cell service

We are going to discontinue our ATT landline service and would like to port the number to a cellular phone (not ATT).  I have had conversations with three ATT representatives on two different days and no one knows how to get me the transfer PIN.  Any suggestions? Thanks!

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Closed

att digital phone

with att digital phone can i keep the old analog phone number

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Closed

AT&T Easement Release

I am a Real Estate Broker and my client just closed on a property that has an AT&T easement (originally a 1946 easement of American Telephone and Telegraph, later I believe it was a Bellsouth easement) and now it AT&T. Client is interested in getting an easement release.  Thank You.

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Telephone Pedestal in the middle of my property and should be at property line.

There is a telephone pedestal in the ditch at the middle of my property line. I cant put in a good driveway. This should have been placed at the property line.

Questions

• Landline Home Phone

Caller Id

When I'm on my landline phone and another call comes in, it doesn't show on the caller id. I have a at&t cordless phone. I have the complete choice plan so I'm trying figure out why.

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Closed

How to port AT&T Landline to another carrier

How do I get the pin number to my AT&T landline to port it to a different carrier?  The pin number is not anywhere in my online account, nor is an option to change it.  Is this pin on my bill?

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Trying to have the phone lines removed from poles that are located on my property

I am about to start construction on my property to build a house. The lot is vacant now. On my property are 9 telephone poles that use to carry phone, electric and cable. Electric and cable have been removed from the poles and AT&T is the only line left. The poles are about to be removed, wire o

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Who should I contact to report an open Fiber Access Panel in the ground

Not sure if someone was working on the Fiber Lines in our neighborhood or not yesterday, but noticed the Fiber panel in the grass has the cover removed an a fiber cable is hanging out.

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Closed

Copper wire replacement

I have been getting numerous calls on my business line stating that I need to make an appointment so a technician can come out and change my copper wiring. Does anyone know if these calls are legitimate or scams? They call every few days and leave the same number 866-709-0010. Thanks!

Questions

• AT&T Phone

How to re-activate an old Ameritech landline which is currently disconnected?

Hello...I would like to find a way to re-activate my family's old Ameritech landline from central Illinois. It is currently considered "disconnected" when you try and call it. Can anyone assist?

Questions

• AT&T Phone

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Keeping a long-time number

Our family has had the same home telephone number for 53 years. My Dad doesn't want the phone any more but we'd like to keep the number in case one of us moves to the area -- it would stay in the family. Is there a way to "keep" a number for some monthly amount in ATT without actually having the lan

Questions

• Landline Home Phone

How do I setup my online account for a landline in Illinois (IL)?

I am unable to locate the website where I can create my online account for my landline in Illinois. It seems Illinois is one of the states not included in most of the standard instructions. Example, see this link where IL is clearly not included: https://www.att.com/support/article/local-long-distan

Questions

• Landline Home Phone

Not finding what you're looking for?

Shop the way you want

Free shipping & returns

Shop online with free shipping and returns.

Learn more

Same-day pickup

Order online and pick up in-store or curbside today. Subject to availability.

Find a store

Same-day delivery

Get same-day delivery with optional expert setup. Subject to availability. Select areas only.

Learn more

Live shopping assistance

Get help picking out the perfect device and plan with a live virtual expert.

Learn more
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.