Re: Trying to stay calm....
01-14-2013 09:19:38 AM
New to the Foruums so Hello everyone, but I have a gripe if I may.
It seems that sometime over this past weekend Uverse has switched from the east coast feeds to the west coast versions on, at least that I can tell, USA, Bravo, SyFy, TLC and a few others that I can't remember at the moment.
I fully understand if there are contractual reasons to do so, but am I missing a place I can look to see when these changes are being made ahead of time? We relized this last night when my wife sat down after dinner to watch her Real Housewives show and found out that it had not taped.
As I fiddled around I saw that the channels were now on West coast time, so I thought that since I have the series recording settings at "tape at anytime" that when the show came on at its normal 9 pm time, we would be ok. But of course life is not that easy and we spent the next hour and a half going through our series recording options deleting and re adding. Top that off by a few of her shows not showing new episodes right now and it made a night of not too much fun.
So again, is there a site or did I miss a mailer telling me of this so I could have done this ahead of time and not ruin my Sunday night? Pretty ticked.....
Texasguy37 posted the November Carriage Agreement which gave the information you were looking for on November 20, 2012.
Below is the latest notice of carriage agreements expiring found in the link below. Once again, I'm posting this strictly as informative. It is not intended to stimulate discussion or speculation.
Notice appearing in USA today on November 20, 2012
AT&T's contracts with programmers for the content displayed on our U-verse TV service periodically expire, but are usually re-negotiated or extended with no interruption or change for our U-verse members. Contract(s) for the programming listed below are set to expire as indicated, and AT&T is making every effort to reach a fair agreement to continue carriage. However, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with such programmer(s), we will no longer have the rights to carry their programming on U-verse TV. While the programming listed below will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry it, if a reasonable agreement cannot be reached with the programmer the programming will no longer be available at that time.
For January 2013, AT&T's contract with the programmers for the following channels is set to expire or terminate. While the following channels will continue to be available to U-verse members so long as AT&T has the rights to carry them, AT&T may modify the channel location for the programming by moving some or all of the following channels from their current channel location to a channel between 9501 – 9599, or the packaging by moving some or all of the following channels to a different tier(s) which may result in subscribers losing access to such channels, and if a reasonable longer term agreement cannot be reached with the programmer, we may lose the rights to carry the following channels (listed in alphabetical order) on U-verse TV in January 2013: Estrella (channel 3024), GolTV (channel 656) GolTV HD (channel 1656), GolTV Spanish (channel 3115), and GolTV Spanish HD (3415), GMA Pinoy (channel 3683), and HITN (channel 3055). The following local channel in the Toledo, Ohio, area also may be impacted: WMNT (channel 10).
(1) Effective January 7, 2013, Latinoamerica (channel 3046) and AyM Sports (channel 3119) will no longer be available on U-verse TV;
(2) Effective January 7, 2013, in the Atlanta, GA, area WUGA is moving from channel 24 to channel 32; and
(3) Effective January 9, 2013, in CA and the Reno, NV, area, we will remove SyFy HD (channel 1151), Bravo HD (channel 1181), USA Network HD (channel 1124), G4 (channel 149) and Style (channel 380) and launch SyFy – West HD (channel 1152), Bravo – West HD (channel 1182), USA Network – West HD (channel 1125), G4 – West (channel 150) and Style – West (channel 381).
In addition, we have made or will make the following channel changes, which are outside our control:
(1) Effective October 26, in the Oklahoma City, OK, area KSBI (IND) channel 52 and 1052 renamed to KSBI (My Network);
(2) Effective November 1, in the Wichita, KS, area, KGPT (Bounce) channel 49 renamed to KGPT (TNN);
(3) Effective November 6, in all U-verse TV markets, Mexico 22 channel 3022 renamed to Canal 22;
(4) Effective November 15, in the Orlando, FL, area, WMFE (V-me) channel 24 and channel 1024 renamed to WUCF (PBS);
(5) Effective November 26, in all U-verse TV markets, World Harvest Television channel 578 will rename to Family Entertainment TV;
(6) Effective December 14, in the Chicago, IL, area, we will remove WWME (channel 23) and add the national MeTV to channel 23.