Tutor
jewel53
Repeated requests for MeTV via U Verse

Why does the U Verse channel guide we periodically receive in Indianapolis, IN CLEARLY state "MeTV" as part of the U200 package AND that it can be accessed on channel 136.  MeTV is NOT on channel 136!  When we were suckered into changing to AT&T a year ago we were told that all we had to do was to request MeTV be added to the channel lineup!  HA!  I DEMAND MY MeTV!!!

mibrnsurg
Topics: 1,024
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 199
Re: Repeated requests for MeTV via U Verse

Good question , we have it here in metro Detroit on 136.  In the latest U-Guide it lists MeTV, listed Channels not available in all areas. :smileysurprised:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
texasguy37
Topics: 1,791
Kudos: 245
Solutions: 274

U-verse is in the process of adding it to all markets.  All markets do not have it YET.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tutor
Stilgar73
My Device: iPhone 5

So am I reading your response correctly... ALL markets are going to be getting MeTV?! :smileyvery-happy:

aviewer
Topics: 23
Kudos: 404
Solutions: 365
metv is on 136 in New Haven, CT
ACE - Master
oufanindallas
My Device: VZW Motorola RAZR M

Stilgar73 wrote:

So am I reading your response correctly... ALL markets are going to be getting MeTV?! :smileyvery-happy:

Yes, all markets will eventually get MeTV, no ETA as to when though.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Tutor
Stilgar73

oufanindallas wrote:

I am hoping that it isn't too long, but at least now they are actually doing it!  MeTV is the first TV channel I've really been excited about in a long time!

dhascall
Topics: 1,140
Kudos: 146
Solutions: 39
My Device: LG Optimus (Virgin Mobile)
[ Edited ]

Stilgar73 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I am hoping that it isn't too long, but at least now they are actually doing it!  MeTV is the first TV channel I've really been excited about in a long time!

In the markets where they are rolling it out, it is on 136.  I checked the Indianapolis lineup at this link and I do not see MeTV.  I live in 46229.  It is available as a Digital TV subchannel, over the air but reception of WTHR-DT has been iffy, for me.

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

Voyager
jeremynicole19

I just requested it for the Miami area via their surbey channel link... Hope we get it soon... METV is actually one of the best channels on paid of free TV.

Former Community Manager
jamileh
My Device: iPhone 5 & Samsung Focus

Hi jeremynicole19,

Just wanted to let you know that we received your PM and that one of the managers from our ATTCustomerCare team will be reaching out to you.

-Nicole (on behalf of Jam)

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Professor
gregzoll_1
My Device: iPhone 4

jeremynicole19 wrote:

I just requested it for the Miami area via their surbey channel link... Hope we get it soon... METV is actually one of the best channels on paid of free TV.

I know that we will never get it in our area, so with Cozi, This, Me, I use our antenna in our attic to pick those channels up.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
My Device: VZW Motorola RAZR M

gregzoll_1 wrote:

jeremynicole19 wrote:

I know that we will never get it in our area, so with Cozi, This, Me, I use our antenna in our attic to pick those channels up.

If you have UVerse TV it will be eventually on your broadcast. It's already been announced that it will be in ALL areas.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Tutor
Stilgar73

oufanindallas wrote:

If you have UVerse TV it will be eventually on your broadcast. It's already been announced that it will be in ALL areas.

I know it has been announced on this forum that it is being added in ALL areas, however, is there an official Press Release or web statement about this?

Also, AT&T if your listening... I live in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area... you think maybe you could put this market next in line for adding MeTV to the channels?? Pretty please, with sugar on top ;-)

Professor
gregzoll_1

Stilgar73 wrote:

oufanindallas wrote:

I know it has been announced on this forum that it is being added in ALL areas, however, is there an official Press Release or web statement about this?

Also, AT&T if your listening... I live in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area... you think maybe you could put this market next in line for adding MeTV to the channels?? Pretty please, with sugar on top ;-)

None that I have seen, other than third party word, which you take lightly.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
[ Edited ]

oufanindallas wrote:

gregzoll_1 wrote:

jeremynicole19 wrote:

Regardless, if we have another incident like we did in January, it gives a good standby, along with comparing the OTA PQ, to the UVerse PQ.  I have found that our local CBS affiliate PQ is just as bad OTA during sports events like Basketball or Football, as it is with UVerse. They have something wrong going on with their uplink feed to the tower 12 miles away, or coming into their studios, that feeds the uplink in Decatur, IL for the VHO.

I just signed up for Uverse this week after setting with a sells rep and they ASSURED ME! that uverse had METV. I said if you don't its a deal breaker and he said "I am positive that Uverse has METV". I was blatantly lied too! I am mad as h*ll! at AT&T and am thinking of switching everything including my cell phones! SO NOT COOL!  when I called them all the said was sorry!  W T F! Its the channel we watch 75% of the time.

ACE - Professor
skeeterintexas
[ Edited ]

Bofreddy wrote:

I just signed up for Uverse this week after setting with a sells rep and they ASSURED ME! that uverse had METV. I said if you don't its a deal breaker and he said "I am positive that Uverse has METV". I was blatantly lied too! I am mad as h*ll! at AT&T and am thinking of switching everything including my cell phones! SO NOT COOL!  when I called them all the said was sorry!  W T F! Its the channel we watch 75% of the time.

Uverse DOES have ME-TV....in certain areas.  Here in the Dallas area, we have ME-TV (Ch. 47).

If ME-TV is carried on a sub-channel in your area, then no, since UV doesn't carry any sub-channels. 

A fix would be to use an OTA anntenna to pick up that and any other sub-channels in your area...but that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear.

Voyager
Bofreddy

Thats an easy enough thing to do OTA anntenna but I cant record the shows that are on when I am at work. But the fact that I was just lied to ticks me off. Eventually my blood pressure will get back to normal. And hopefully they will ad it to the lineup here in OKC but right now its a subchannel.

dhascall

Bofreddy - Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

Many of us long time forum regulars, scoff when we see a post that says "sales associate assured me that all channels that I had with DishcomcastcoxDirect would be available on U-Verse."  The only way to really know is to do your own research and look at the channel guide for your zipcode.  Sorry that you had to find out the hard way.  Research, research, research.

AT&T not carrying the Digital subchannels is a big deal for me, too!  It is one of their most shortsighted omissions, IMO.  Yes, I can put up an antenna and hope that WISH 8 (RF 9) and WTHR 13 (RF 13) come in without pixekating.  I also bristle when some of the fanboys :smileytongue: basically pooh-pooh AT&T's hard stance against the subchannles.  When one has some peppy little come back (well you can put up an antenna), my reply is how do I use U-Verse's DVR to record the subs?  I don't get a response. 

mibrnsurg

skeeterintexas wrote:

Bofreddy wrote:

Uverse DOES have ME-TV....in certain areas.  Here in the Dallas area, we have ME-TV (Ch. 47).

If ME-TV is carried on a sub-channel in your area, then no, since UV doesn't carry any sub-channels. 

A fix would be to use an OTA anntenna to pick up that and any other sub-channels in your area...but that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear.

Me TV is being rolled out in all Uverse areas on 136, unless already on Uverse on another channel. :smileywink:

Chris

Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition

Tutor
Stilgar73

Me TV is being rolled out in all Uverse areas on 136, unless already on Uverse on another channel. :smileywink:

Chris

Chris,

Are you sure about MeTV being added to ALL areas on Uverse?  I hear it from time to time on the board, but is this official?  I'm so hoping it will be added down here in Fort Lauderdale, FL soon.

Bill

Scholar
Ryan456
I hoping this is true also about Me TV in all markets i live in Georgia .
mibrnsurg

There was an announcement that that was going to occur, Me TV in all markets, but they gave no timeframe. :smileywink:

Chris

Mentor
txakura
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S4
[ Edited ]

"If ME-TV is carried on a sub-channel in your area, then no, since UV doesn't carry any sub-channels."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Sorta true.  We have ABC as a subchannel (-2) with NBC (-1) and U-verse carries them both.  BUT, we also have two completely different PBS stations on subchannels, and U-verse carries only the -1 subchannel.  And to make things even more confusing, another broadcaster has CBS on the -1 subchannel and The CW on the -2 subchannel.  U-verse only carries CBS.  No logic to the selections.

But then it's U-verse, so what would you expect?

americangame
Topics: 17
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 14
My Device: Nokia Lumia 920

MeTV is a sub channel in my area, but I can watch it on U-verse since it isn't bundled in with my local programmng (sub 100) channels.

Resident Xbox ACE. Ask me almost anything about U-Verse on the Xbox.

Xbox Gamertag: americangame
PSN: americangame
Steam:americangame
When friending me mention that you found me on the AT&T forums.
dhascall

txakura wrote:

"If ME-TV is carried on a sub-channel in your area, then no, since UV doesn't carry any sub-channels."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Sorta true.  We have ABC as a subchannel (-2) with NBC (-1) and U-verse carries them both.  BUT, we also have two completely different PBS stations on subchannels, and U-verse carries only the -1 subchannel.  And to make things even more confusing, another broadcaster has CBS on the -1 subchannel and The CW on the -2 subchannel.  U-verse only carries CBS.  No logic to the selections.

But then it's U-verse, so what would you expect?

You must be near Monterey California, right?  That is the only case that I know of, where U-Verse carries a subchannel.  Stands to reason: ABC is higher in the food chain that the CW or METv.

Mentor
txakura

You must be near Monterey California, right?

You're right: Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz.  The station owner is Hearst Corp, and I suspect they have enough clout w/AT&T they can get what they want.  The PBS stations are owned by the local PBS consortium, and I'm sure they don't have the clout.  On the other hand, CBS and CW?  The owner is Clear Channel, and they should have quite a bit of clout - just not enough?

dhascall

txakura wrote:

You must be near Monterey California, right?

You're right: Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz.  The station owner is Hearst Corp, and I suspect they have enough clout w/AT&T they can get what they want.  The PBS stations are owned by the local PBS consortium, and I'm sure they don't have the clout.  On the other hand, CBS and CW?  The owner is Clear Channel, and they should have quite a bit of clout - just not enough?

That is one glaring weak spot for U-Verse, the DTV subchannels.  "Cable" could exploit that like they do faster internet and more VoD choices.  WRTV 6.2 shows lots of extra sporting events, such as local motorsports, HS sports and so on and they say "watch it on 6.2 via your antenna or Comcast or Brighthouse."

Mentor
txakura

Not that this has anything directly to do with U-verse, but, since I'm going to move in a couple of months, I checked for availability of U-verse in my new house.  Nada.  So... I looked at the channel lineup for my old provider, Dish Network.  The have three CW channels - real channels.  They carry the -2 subchannel that provides ABC, but they don't carry the -2 subchannel for the PBS broadcaster.  And they don't carry MeTV at all that I can find!  Looks like I'm still going to need my Tivo.  I used it to get CW and the second channel from PBS, which I couldn't get any other way.  I also used it to get MeTV off a low-power local broadcaster before it was on U-verse.  If it's true there's no MeTV on Dish, I'll need to go back to getting it on Tivo as well.

Contributor
S_Lynn

How long does this take adding MeTv to all areas It's almost the end of August and still no MeTv in the Madison, WI area