ACE - Master
hpmsrm
My Device: U-verse - Motorola "Atrix" HD
Re: Weekly Off Topic Thread #123

RCSMG wrote:

Hope the new dvr doesn't fali.  Enjoy.

Me too, RC.   It's our 4th DVR since we got our install on 12/18/07....including the original one.  Funny....I've had at least one computer with an HDD in the house ever since 1989......now have 3.  I have never had the HDD crash.  This is the second time for a crashed drive since we got UV.

Yes it won't be too long before the Royals open their home season.  Shirley is a baseball fan.  As a kid she spent lots of evenings watching her dad play local amateur league ball.  As for me?  Well.....let's just say that I don't get invited to attend the baseball games anymore...ever since the time that I took a good book to read.  I used to call baseball the great American waste of time.Smiley winks.gif  Now pro-football......that's more to my liking.  I'm just not a big sports fan.  Might be because I possess absolutely ZERO athletic ability.  Probably just as well with my cardiac problems.

Just completed our census form and have it ready to mail back.  There were no questions out of the ordinary.....just like every other census within my memory.  Just two of us in the house so it did not take long.  No signature required.  There is no name on it anywhere.  It was mailed to "occupant" at our address.  Alfie was sad.  No questions about him._MG_0989 (2).jpg

On one notable occasion....just as the space shuttle was about to lift off....one U.S. astronaut turned to the one in the seat next to him and commented, "And just remember...you're sitting on top of $100 million worth of parts manufactured by the lowest bidder." A real confidence builder, eh?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.