Master
randyl
Weekly Off Topic Thread 35
Happy 4 th of July !!!!!!!!
Professor
Uturnaroun
My Device: HTC Surround
Re: Weekly Off Topic Thread 35

Wow, this morning I came here to start this and I forgot about it.

Well I'll be gone on vacation until the 13th. So you won't see me on here soon.

Former Moderator
Optimus Prime

Uturnaroun wrote:

Wow, this morning I came here to start this and I forgot about it.

Well I'll be gone on vacation until the 13th. So you won't see me on here soon.

Happy 4th Everyone!

UT have a great vacation!

Message Edited by OptimusPrime on 07-04-2008 11:36 AM
Optimus Prime
Master
randyl

well said "Rainbow"   j/k

randy

Professor
Uturnaroun

Those are cool OP.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY

(sorry, the white outline keeps showing up as solid black)

Master
Pip_2

Happy 4th to all!

Have a good vacation UT. :smileyhappy:

Professor
Uturnaroun

I found this vid explaining the AT&T mergers:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=I6nuwQmhrZ8

Professor
Koolkid1935
My Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CDMA/VZ

I remember seeing that a long time ago :smileyvery-happy:

Very funny UT!

Master
Pip_2

That was funny, but you know what it reminded me of?

If you are a sports fan, you will appreciate this one. :smileywink:

Every year, when the NFL gets down to starting the playoffs, the talking heads (TH#1 and TH#2) on the local news start to break it down and it goes something like this............

Week #1

TH#1 "So, it's playoff season folks and our Browns are in there. A lot depends on what happens and how far they will go."

Week #2

TH#1 "Well, we made it thru the 1st playoff game. We now need to see NE win by at least 10 points or the Browns are out. Of course, if Denver should lose, it won't matter how many points NE wins by, as long as they win. And it goes without saying that the Browns will NEED to continue to win also.

Week#3

TH#1 "Into the 3rd week of the playoffs and the Browns have won again! So TH#2, what needs to happen now?" (You'll notice at this point, TH#1 has given up figuring it out and passed it on to TH#2! :smileyvery-happy:

TH#2 "Well TH2, the Browns still need to win. However, even if they lose next week, they could still possibly get into the playoffs with this scenario. If Miami continues to win, then Denver needs to lose and lose big for the Browns to get into the playoffs. If Denver only loses by 10 points and Miami wins, then the Browns are out. However, if the Browns only lose by 3 and Denver loses by at least 7, and NE wins by 1, then the Browns will continue on."

"Of course, if Indianapolis wins by 12 points, that throws a monkey wrench into all of my figures."

Off course, this is all stuff I made up, but every year during the NFL playoffs, we got some of our best laughs from watching the sports reports and the talking heads trying to figure out just what might or might not happen. And of course, I'm sure John Madden was in the background somewhere operating that electronic chalkboard!! :smileyvery-happy:

Oh yea...............don't forget the scheduling!!

Monday Night Football on ABC? Forget it! It's now being shown on Thursday night and Thursday Night Football is now being shown on Sunday night and good luck finding out what station is carrying the games! :smileyvery-happy:

I'm not really sure if they still do this anymore or not, but it always was a blast to hear them go at it. :smileyhappy:

RCSMG
Topics: 1,289
Solutions: 66
:smileyvery-happy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
RCSMG
The sun has set and now the neighborhood fireworks have begun.:smileyhappy:
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Professor
Koolkid1935
The sun is still shining here, the city's fireworks display doesn't start until 10 tonight.
RCSMG
Not the city fireworks those have already passed for Detroit.  I mean all of the people who bought fireworks to celebrate the holiday on our local neighborhoods and streets.
showtime48
Topics: 623
Solutions: 0
where we live we have to ask was that a firework or a 9mm...
Dennis
RCSMG

showtime48 wrote:
where we live we have to ask was that a firework or a 9mm...

I've wondered how many times we have heard gunfire or fireworks.  Sad state of affairs.

Professor
Koolkid1935
We just got back from the city's fireworks show about 20 minutes ago.  It was actually very fun even though it only lasted for about 20 minutes.
showtime48
the young cat is just having a terrible time with the fireworks outside...
Dennis
spd2demun
My Device: ♥ U-verse! NOT~AN~EMPLOYEE!

The closet-pyros (sorry, OP!) started up here around 7PM and it wasn't even dark!

2 houses had people in lawn chairs spread across 2 yards/driveways; the stupid adults sitting in the chairs drinking beer (male and female), the little kids were putting off the fireworks by themselves.  Just stupid.  Kids will get hurt, dumb parents will sue the fireworks company.  It was a sad sight to see. :smileysad:

Just turned up the TV here and cats got distracted and tuned most of it out (I think).  I want to invent SILENT FIREWORKS, and SMOKELESS ones while I'm at it.:smileyvery-happy:  But they'll be at it all weekend, or until they burn up all they bought.  I will be collecting wrappers and sticks in my yard and throwing them back into the yards from where they came. :smileymad:  After dark, of course...

Master
Pip_2

I was kind of surprised it wasn't worse here like it usually is.

Of course there was one "show" being put on about midnight last night and when I heard a bunch going off all at once, I said to myself...I hope that is their finale!!!!

By 1AM, it was fairly quiet, thank goodness!!

Master
randyl
Fuddy Duddies   :smileyhappy:
RCSMG

:smileyvery-happy:

My wife's cat is still jumpy today from the fireworks last night.  And I don't know what they were using but there were some explosions that were really loud.  I don't know if they were hammer heads or M80s or what.  But they were incredibly loud.

Master
randyl
SaturdaySundayMondayTuesdayWednesday
Chance of a Thunderstorm
92° F | 72° F
33° C | 22° C
Chance of a Thunderstorm
92° F | 72° F
33° C | 22° C
Chance of a Thunderstorm
92° F | 72° F
33° C | 22° C
Chance of a Thunderstorm
92° F | 72° F
33° C | 22° C
Chance of a Thunderstorm
92° F | 72° F
33° C | 22° C
Chance of T-storms
30% chance of precipitation
Chance of T-storms
Chance of T-storms
Chance of T-storms
Chance of T-storms

looks like a ditto day weather forcaster  lol

RCSMG

Unfortunately I got an answer to an earlier post about how many of the explosions were fireworks and how many were gunfire?  Well at least 3 of them were gunshots.  I just found out that one of my young cousins, I think he was about 16 years old, was killed last night.  He was down the street from his home and someone came running out of a vacant lot wearing a hooded sweatshirt and ran up to him and shot him.  I am asking for those of you who can and will to keep Elton and Pat, who are his parents, and their other children in your prayers for the Peace of God.

Master
Pip_2

RCSMG wrote:

Unfortunately I got an answer to an earlier post about how many of the explosions were fireworks and how many were gunfire?  Well at least 3 of them were gunshots.  I just found out that one of my young cousins, I think he was about 16 years old, was killed last night.  He was down the street from his home and someone came running out of a vacant lot wearing a hooded sweatshirt and ran up to him and shot him.  I am asking for those of you who can and will to keep Elton and Pat, who are his parents, and their other children in your prayers for the Peace of God.

RC, I am so sorry to hear that. :smileysad: I will keep your family in my thoughts.

A lady and her husband who were active on another board I used to belong to, also met with tragedy several years ago.

He was walking through a park, a park he had walked through just about every day, weather permitting, when some guy came out from behind a tree and shot him.

They fought a good fight, but he died after 5 months.

They did find the shooter and another guy and it seems this was part of a gang initiation....just go out and shoot someone and you are in. :smileysad:

It's a crazy, crazy world we live in anymore and I for one, watch what I say or do when I have to go out into the world. You just never know what will happen, when or even where. :smileysad:

spd2demun
So sorry to hear that, RC. :smileysad: Perfect timing as who would hear a gunshot with all the fireworks, just terrible.
Mentor
donnie_1

Condolences to RC and to his cousin's family!

Guns again.  This is the unfortunate price society has to pay for the "right to bear arms."  While its not the guns in itself its the blatant irresponsibility of those to get their hands on them.  We are hearing so much of young people (kids!) getting guns.  How can any responsible parent let their child get their hands on a gun.  Why would a parent with young children or teens even own or have a gun in their home?  Why are guns so accessible to our youth?

Perhaps, Obama is right.  We need some sensible laws to balance our so-called right to bear arms.  Yes, I am angry.  With so many tragic news stories involving guns I think that the U.S. Supreme Court was wrong in their recent decision in the DC ruling.

showtime48
god will welcome him with open arms and lay a hand on those's whose grief is so strong. let us pray...
Dennis
spd2demun

Unfortunately, the irresponsible people are criminals; you can buy anything you want on the streets or out of the back of someone's trunk. :smileysad:  Laws are never going to stop those folks...

And if they ever do pass such a law (like Australia), our govt. can go wild as the common person will have no defense...we'll have to look to the criminals to protect us.

Sad thing is the cops mostly know where the ganstas are but can't/don't do anything about it because they are a PC-protected group.  Then when they catch them, they're dressed in a suit and tie in court and look so sweet. :smileysad:

donnie wrote:

Condolences to RC and to his cousin's family!

Guns again.  This is the unfortunate price society has to pay for the "right to bear arms."  While its not the guns in itself its the blatant irresponsibility of those to get their hands on them.  We are hearing so much of young people (kids!) getting guns.  How can any responsible parent let their child get their hands on a gun.  Why would a parent with young children or teens even own or have a gun in their home?  Why are guns so accessible to our youth?

Perhaps, Obama is right.  We need some sensible laws to balance our so-called right to bear arms.  Yes, I am angry.  With so many tragic news stories involving guns I think that the U.S. Supreme Court was wrong in their recent decision in the DC ruling.

Professor
Uturnaroun
RC, I'm sorry to hear that.
Master
Pip_2

It's more than just that spd.

When and if they find this scum who killed RC's cousin, all you will hear is about their rights. What about the rights of RC's cousin or his parents, or for that matter, all the victims????

Those victims rights have been eroded so badly and it isn't just recently. My Dad died in 1991, but I recall we were talking about the crime and what all was happening and I do remember him saying, if anyone attempted to do anything to anyone in his family, he would shoot first and worry about the consequences later.

And the damned courts and politicians are so worried about the criminals rights, that the victims get lost and trampled in the stampede.

There is no justice and if you don't believe me, watch what happens to you, God help you, if you are ever the victim of a crime. :smileysad: