Contributor
rocket187um
PORT FOURCHON, LA 70357 POOR TO NO SIGNAL/SERVICE! TERRIBLE

I work in a thriving Port where good communications are key. (Port Fourchon, LA. Mailing Zip Code: 70357) Does AT&T even have towers here? Looks like they are piggy backing off VERIZON. The service is terrible down here! Completely unacceptable. I think my money will be well spent elsewhere. IE VERIZON. More than half of my co-workers have already switched to VERIZON. Is AT&T planning any upgrades to the area?

Contributor
Auraria
Re: PORT FOURCHON, LA 70357 POOR TO NO SIGNAL/SERVICE! TERRIBLE
At&t is terrible. I call and call and call. They don't improve or fix anything. I also use a laptop connect and it is worse than the phones. I have several calls in for tech support, again, nothing changes. One tech remarked that he was surprised I could even get on the tower there was so much traffic. He mentioned upgrades but no dates. It is amazing that the US most important oil port can't get decent service. 1000's of mariners whose only communication with their families depends on cell service... I am surprised Verizon doesn't clean up down here, as I hear their services rock. Keeping my fingers crossed something changes soon.
Posted from Samsung SCH-I747
Contributor
Flyer69
I am offshore and out of cell range 20 to 24 days out of 28. The days I am back I would like to have data service that is worth half a dammn!!! $30 a month for a data plan that sucks?? AT$T you need to fix this or I am switching to Verizon in December when my contract is up, you will lose a loyal customer, with AT$T since September 2000.
Posted from Apple iPad
Contributor
josh2129

AT&T is ridiculous. The only reason they don't do anything about the worthless data service down here is due to the off network option they provide. They know most mariners will keep AT&T so they have the option to make an emergency call offshore via the Broardpoint network (OFF NETWORK). 

I have, as well as 3 other members of my crew, used the "Mark the Spot" app for 2 months now. I have not even received an email with a soultion or anything. I already went and got a data card from Sprint. I swear AT&T if something isn't done by the time I get off this boat I'm leaving, and going sprint or verizon.

AT&T should be ashamed of the service down here. Charging people for something that they can't provide!

30$ a month for data that only works 1/3 of the time... How about I pay 1/3 of my bill????

I bet we don't even get a response to any of this.

Contributor
CaptWill79

Not sure why, but my data service is poor at best in Port Fourchon. Allimy phone and ipad do is constantly try to load the pages. AT&T needs to upgrade the towers they have down here to the new 4G LTE. Either that or quit piggybacking on another providers tower and put up a couple of their own. I spend several days at a time offshore and when I do come back to port it would be nice to be able to check emails, Facebook, or even just cruise the net without the pages constantly failing to load due to the poor data service down here. They need to put up at least 3 new cell towers. They don't realize how many people work down here. You wouldn't guess that by seeing this place on a map though.

Posted from Samsung SGH-I337
Contributor
rjordan985

What is happening down here is Port Fourchon?  Service WAS acceptable before, but now it is horrible.  Has been for months. Constantly loosing service, or going to "E", data is almost non-existant, not able to send iMessage... AT&T app Mark the Spot doesn't work most of the time.