Tutor
tonymoco
Where is AT&T * 4G * Coverage Map?

I found ATT's general coverage viewer/map, but it doesn't show 4G coverage.

Does anyone know where I can find a good map of AT&T 4G coverage?

Thank you.

Contributor
Choaticwhisper
Re: Where is AT&T * 4G * Coverage Map?

At&t does not have 4G.

Tutor
tonymoco

I guess that's why the ATT wireless rep told me that the 4G coverage map was "the same as 3G."

Thanks.

Guru
mightyjeeper
My Device: iphone 3gs

tonymoco wrote:

I guess that's why the ATT wireless rep told me that the 4G coverage map was "the same as 3G."

Thanks.

Wow, really sorry about that. 

As an AT&T employee, the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinion.
Professor
josephz2va
My Device: Apple i4 32GB

AT&T doesn't plan on rolling 4G anytime soon. T-Mobile and AT&T are focusing on updating their towers with HSPA+ system and bumping it to 7.2 MBPS. Slowly but surely we will get same speed network of 4G.

4G/LTE/WiMax are still in test phases. City by city of spotty coverage. Sprint and Verizon are the only partners in the adventure as far as the media goes.

Tutor
zombietime

AT&T can't even get 3G to most areas.  How sad is that?

Master
BrianfromNO
My Device: iPhone 4

AT&T's 3G network covers the vast majority of the most densely populated areas of the country.  Neither of the GSM carriers have the same level of 3G coverage as the CDMA carriers, but GSM-based 3G is faster and provides simultaneous voice/data capability that CDMA 3G at present cannot.

Teacher
KDUG
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900 & Q10

What does ATT have against us here in Nogales, AZ zip 85621. I was told in 2004 we would get 3G. Its almost 2013 and we still have EDGE 2G. Look ATT Coverage Map 4G encircles us to the north, east, and west. We are a town of 40,000 plus yet ATT doesnt give a SH#T about us. If I didnt have 20 phones to move around I would have allready left and went to verizon. In fact I might go ahead and move then ATT will wake up. You put 4G in Sierra Vista, AZ a town with 30,000 less people. You put it in Tubac, AZ pop 1,200. You have Fiber going to your single tower here why wont you atleast give us 3G? This 1980's 2G crap is slapping us contract customers across the face. I signed up for 2 more years because your reps promised me High Speed Data was coming Summer 2012. Just like in 2005 when you promised me 3G it never came. You should atleast let me cancel my 21 lines without termination. Two Thumbs way Down! AT Least let me have my smart phone and block data I am always on Wifi anyway. But NO you torture us with 30 bucks a month for 2G. I am leaving in a month with all lines unless you atleast give us something here I would settle for 3G. This less than dialup speed on a Motorola Android doesnt even let the phone work properly.

Contributor
busheg
[ Edited ]

edit - was a browser issue. FireFox support would be nice.

Teacher
KDUG

They do now. Even in the outpost of Nogales, Az

Teacher
KDUG

Professor, you are proven wrong.... again.

Teacher
KDUG

update: thank you ATT for 4G HSPA and LTE in Nogales! It is fast! avg 18mps to 21.2 mps. What is wierd we went from 2G edge to LTE, that said ATT's 2g edge was still faster than Sprints iphone data. I was getting 320kps on EDGE.