Computer-Joe
Topics: 247
Kudos: 184
Solutions: 71
My Device: works just fine, thank you.
Re: HP 3054A Printer can't connect to Pace Americas 4111N Router

izoomi wrote:

Thanks.  All of my wireless devices connect to the network except the printer.  MAC filtering is disabled.  The radio is fine, it works when the security to the network is disabled.  I also checked using my father's printer ( same model) and his could not connect as well.  I have configured both with the usb cable and without wirelessly.  

Perhaps my best bet is to just change the network security settings to a WEP but ATT won't help me to reconfigure my system without pay support.

Although setting security to WEP might solve the problem with the printer, I would not reccomend the downgrade in security.

Is the printer still under warranty? If it is I would ship it back, as there is obvoiusly a fault if the only way it connects is with WEP security settings.

Have you updated the printers firmware? If not I would suggest trying that.

To update the printer, unfortunately it needs internet access, so you will need to set the gateway to WEP temporarily, get the printer connected, and follow the directions below which are from the HP website.

Updating the All-in-One
Follow these steps to perform a product update from the HP product control panel.
Important : The HP product must connect to a wireless network with an active Internet connection to receive updates. However, the product does not need to be connected to a computer.
  1. From the product control panel, press the ePrint button ( ). The Web Services Settings menu displays.
  2. Press the button ( ) next to the Down Arrow ( ) to select Check Product Updates , and then press the button ( ) next to OK .
    Follow the on-screen instructions to perform a product update.
    NOTE:

3. To update automatically while in the Web Services Settings menu, touch Turn Automatic Update On , and then press the button ( ) next to OK .
  4. If you choose not to update automatically, check for updates every week to make sure that you get the most out of your HP product.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.