Customer Support Comments
08-21-2010 01:58:53 PM
I only hope that someone with the clout and desire to make changes at AT&T reads this post.
Our saga with DSL Customer Support started last Wednesday when we discovered that we did not have internet connection through AT&T DSL. We contacted Customer Service and waited only a few minutes to be connected to a representative, name not understandable. After lots of test and 1-1/2 hours, she assured us that our five-year-old modem was bad. We bought a new modem that evening and installed it. We still had no internet connection. We again contacted Customer Support, *Agent*. After lots of test and 2 hours, she assured us that it was our phone lines. She would schedule a repairman for Thursday morning. He would call us when he was on his way to our house so that we could be home. We received no call. Thursday afternoon, we contacted Customer Support. After a lot of test and another 1-1/2 hours, we were assured that the problem was on AT&T's end. It would be looked into and resolved by 8:00 pm. At 8:30, we still had no internet. We again called Customer Support, *Agent*., Level 2 Support. After 2 hours, we were assured that we had a problem with our computer. The ticket was closed. However, Angie suggested that we call the DSL Repair Service on Friday morning to see if the problem with our lines had been resolved. There was an open ticket. On Friday morning, contacted DSL Repair Service. After a short wait, we spoke wirh *Agent*.. John read our complaint file and after running a few test said that we needed to talk to someone else. He transferred us to *Agent*. in St. Louis. After a few test, he got two other technicians on the line and figured out that the problem was "99.9%" with AT&T. After 2 hours, *Agent*. eliminated any problem on our end and requested repair to correct the AT&T problem. Within an hour after *Agent*. request, we had internet service.
- Why did it take 3 days of misdirection to discover the problem was with AT&T?
- Why didn't the repairman call us as promised prior to any repairs on our home line?
- Why wasn't the DSL Repair Service able to diagnosis and fix the problem on Thursday evening as promised?
- Will AT&T reimburse us for the 7 hours we spent in unproductive conversations with Customer Service representative that were just reading from a 'If this doesn't work, tell the customer this' manual?
- Will AT&T reimburse us for the $50.00 for the new modem we did not need?
As we asked before, is anyone listening?