Contributor
ArmanX
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-18-2013
New self-install; no signal to router
I used to have standard DSL, but 'upgraded' to Uverse after I moved across town. I'm plenty tech-savy (fully wired my last place with ethernet), so I obviosly chose the self-install option. Tonight was the night my service was supposed to be turned on, but 8pm has come and gone, and I still have a red blinking "broadband" light.

This is an old house, with weird wiring, plus it has two separate incoming lines - I decided to start as simply as I could, and plugged my NVG510 directly into line 1. After half an hour, I still had a blinking red light, so I switched to line 2; same deal. As far as I can tell, there are no other incoming lines.

I used my analog test phone on both lines; line 1 was dead, and line 2 seemed to have power (I could hear my voice through the speaker), but no static or dial tone.

Now what? I really don't want to pay any more than I already have, but I can't do any more on my end.
Tutor
jpu0822
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎04-23-2013
Re: New self-install; no signal to router
If you are tech savvy enough you could go to your network interface and test there. There should be a test jack inside the NID where you can test from. If you have sync there then it's going to be an inside wiring issue. You'll have to get a technician dispatched to repair the wiring. If not contact at&t and let them know you don't have sync at your nid.
Posted from Samsung GT-N7100
Contributor
ArmanX
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎04-18-2013
Re: New self-install; no signal to router

That was basically what happened - no sync at the NID (it's an old house, so that's where I started anyway), so they sent a technition.

 

I must say, though, while I've had good experience with techs, I've never had a good experience with whoever (or whatever) is on the other end. The tech they sent out had to wait about half an hour until someone on the other end got things working. With all the feedback they can collect automatically from the router, you'd think they could have made the adjustments automatically. All the tech did was plug into the NID and verify there was no sync; the rest could have been purely automated. Ah well - I can access the Internet now, so I'm happy :-)