Teacher
tohapply
iPhone 5, iPad demand may be softening, says analyst

or the current March quarter, Citi is estimating Apple will sell 34 million iPhones, down from 35 million, and during the June quarter the consensus is down to 25 million from 32 million. In the U.S. and Japanese market, full-sized iPad tablet sales are in decline by more than 10 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter of 2012.

wingrider01
Topics: 98
Kudos: 423
Solutions: 212
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: iPhone 5, iPad demand may be softening, says analyst

tohapply wrote:

or the current March quarter, Citi is estimating Apple will sell 34 million iPhones, down from 35 million, and during the June quarter the consensus is down to 25 million from 32 million. In the U.S. and Japanese market, full-sized iPad tablet sales are in decline by more than 10 percent year-over-year in the fourth quarter of 2012.

nothing new, been doing that for a few years, samsung has been outselling apple since 2011

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
oz_1
Topics: 157
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 16
My Device: iPhone 5 32g
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
wingrider01

down 1.3% of the commanding lead of 52.3% for google vs 37.8% as compared to close of year 2012, suspect google has very little to worry about

oz_1

One iPhone as to how many flavors of the others is still top notch bet those figures would be different if it was phone to phone model sales.

oz_1
wingrider01

oz_1 wrote:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/03/07/with-apples-ipad-besting-windows-8-microsoft-slashes-price...

Not a big indication, both of the devices are vastly overpriced for what they are and the cost of the components that make them up.

With the advent of the surface with windows 8 we are phasing out all of the Ipads in our services with the new windows 8 devices, makes things a lot simpler and more streamlined for us - one development platform now, the code we have for the PC's will run on the surface with almost no modifications, going to save a lot of money in the long run

wingrider01

oz_1 wrote:

One iPhone as to how many flavors of the others is still top notch bet those figures would be different if it was phone to phone model sales.

the Samsung Glaxay SII and SIII sales figures blew the doors off of the Iphone individually, so not much of a difference. This was both in the US market and the UK market.

oz_1

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

the Samsung Glaxay SII and SIII sales figures blew the doors off of the Iphone individually, so not much of a difference. This was both in the US market and the UK market.

The problem that was discovered about those sales were they counted shipments to dealers not in the actual customers hands as accounted for by activation and browser usage.

There was not any wait or shortage for the competition's phones because demand never outsripped supply or they simply produced way more than sold either way bad business descission.

wingrider01

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

The problem that was discovered about those sales were they counted shipments to dealers not in the actual customers hands as accounted for by activation and browser usage.

There was not any wait or shortage for the competition's phones because demand never outsripped supply or they simply produced way more than sold either way bad business descission.

"Strategy Analytics says 18 million Galaxy SIII phones were shipped worldwide in the quarter, compared with 16.2 million iPhone 4s's."

Don;t recall any shortage of Iphone 4s's and the compairson is the same.

Moot point though, does not matter in the long run. I know a number of businesses that are phasing out the use of Corporate Iphones in favor of more versatile and user friendly.  We will be doing that with all the ipads that our customers use with our applications in favor of the new windows 7 surface PC and RT.

ACE - Scholar
jane697
My Device: Apple iPhone 5

oz_1 wrote:

Oh please...it's not Google's fault that Apple chooses not to license its iOS to other phone manufacturers...

oz_1

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

"Strategy Analytics says 18 million Galaxy SIII phones were shipped worldwide in the quarter, compared with 16.2 million iPhone 4s's."

Moot point though, does not matter in the long run. I know a number of businesses that are phasing out the use of Corporate Iphones in favor of more versatile and user friendly.  We will be doing that with all the ipads that our customers use with our applications in favor of the new windows 7 surface PC and RT.

We all know results can be skewed either way since a lot of reporting is add based and they will not bite the hand that feeds you.

Good bad or indifferent I see more iPhones in public than any other model your results may vary.

Their are reports of a few not all businees's not using iPhones and the opposite more business are picking up on the iPhone as the so called walled garden works in their favor since they don't have to operate on special needs and when

used in the Mac eco system is more secure.

oz_1

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Oh please...it's not Google's fault that Apple chooses not to license its iOS to other phone manufacturers...

Look at the history of Apple you will find at one time they did try this and to no ones surprise the OS was installed on inferior systems causing a lot of customer discontent sorta like what they did with Vista compatible and we all know how that worked out and the sole reason Microsoft had its own Surface/Pro built.

ACE - Scholar
jane697

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

We all know results can be skewed either way since a lot of reporting is add based and they will not bite the hand that feeds you.

Good bad or indifferent I see more iPhones in public than any other model your results may vary.

Their are reports of a few not all businees's not using iPhones and the opposite more business are picking up on the iPhone as the so called walled garden works in their favor since they don't have to operate on special needs and when

Funny how you say that only after/when someone offers something that puts Apple/iPhone as being second banana, so to speak--I don't see you making that comment when someone throws out numbers that make Apple/iPhone to be on top...

Me--I use an iPhone, have used three generations of iPhones, have not bought a non-iPhone smartphone since I bought my first iPhone...but my decision to buy one wasn't based on whether it was the most-popular or best-selling (in volume) smartphone.  Why some folks choose to insert themselves into what is essentially a p***ing contest over a phone is beyond me...

ACE - Scholar
jane697

oz_1 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Look at the history of Apple you will find at one time they did try this and to no ones surprise the OS was installed on inferior systems causing a lot of customer discontent sorta like what they did with Vista compatible and we all know how that worked out and the sole reason Microsoft had its own Surface/Pro built.

I love how your pro-Apple bias shows through--installed on "inferior" systems, eh?  Interesting how you insinuate that any system that wasn't designed by Apple is considered by you to be "inferior"...

Slightly off-topic but related, given the Apple vs. Google/Android discussion--curious as to how you might respond to the fact that, not only is Apple's stock price per share no longer the highest, it is currently roughly half of what Google's stock price is going for...

oz_1

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Funny how you say that only after/when someone offers something that puts Apple/iPhone as being second banana, so to speak--I don't see you making that comment when someone throws out numbers that make Apple/iPhone to be on top...

Me--I use an iPhone, have used three generations of iPhones, have not bought a non-iPhone smartphone since I bought my first iPhone...but my decision to buy one wasn't based on whether it was the most-popular or best-selling (in volume) smartphone.  Why some folks choose to insert themselves into what is essentially a p***ing contest over a phone is beyond me...

You obiviously read into it what you wanted and I did not point to any single publication as they are ALL mostly add supported and thats business.

So why are the negatives being tossed around in a wireless forum under Apple Community that do not relate to its operation or user experience am i missing something.

oz_1

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

I love how your pro-Apple bias shows through--installed on "inferior" systems, eh?  Interesting how you insinuate that any system that wasn't designed by Apple is considered by you to be "inferior"...

Slightly off-topic but related, given the Apple vs. Google/Android discussion--curious as to how you might respond to the fact that, not only is Apple's stock price per share no longer the highest, it is currently roughly half of what Google's stock price is going for...

Obviously you did not bother to look it up and I am not going to do it for you .

There are several articles if you are truly interested as to why stock prices are what they are and it will not be the first time Wall Street has or try to hurt a company many of smaller electronic co's have gone under do to this that should not have.

Apple has a huge war-chest and can ride out Wall Street just as Microsoft has with their low stock price.

What analysts predict and what actually happens are two different things.

wingrider01

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Still a significate portion of my retriement stock - the stock would have to go belly up for me to lose any money on it - bought in back in 1980. According to the Financial Times 500 list as of 31-Dec-2012 it is still number 1 on the list and is the largest publicly traded corporation in the world by market capitalization

As far as installing the IOS on "inferior systems" that is incorrect also, the equipment that the OS was installed on was physically the same as the MACs at the time - it had to be with the installation security encryption algorithms that where used by Apple to prevent this from happening, if it did not dedect specific responses it would halt installation. Apple stopped it because it started to cut into their profits badly so they went to court over it, that is their favorite method of stopping the competition

ACE - Scholar
jane697
[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Still a significate portion of my retriement stock - the stock would have to go belly up for me to lose any money on it - bought in back in 1980. According to the Financial Times 500 list as of 31-Dec-2012 it is still number 1 on the list and is the largest publicly traded corporation in the world by market capitalization

As far as installing the IOS on "inferior systems" that is incorrect also, the equipment that the OS was installed on was physically the same as the MACs at the time - it had to be with the installation security encryption algorithms that where used by Apple to prevent this from happening, if it did not dedect specific responses it would halt installation. Apple stopped it because it started to cut into their profits badly so they went to court over it, that is their favorite method of stopping the competition

Oh I have no doubt that Apple's stock price will bounce back up--I was simply making a factual statement about Apple's current stock price, nothing more...

And I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one who disagrees with the "iOS installed on 'inferior' systems" comment...

wingrider01

jane697 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

jane697 wrote:

oz_1 wrote:

Oh I have no doubt that Apple's stock price will bounce back up--I was simply making a factual statement about Apple's current stock price, nothing more...

And I'm also glad to see that I'm not the only one who disagrees with the "iOS installed on 'inferior' systems" comment...

can;t disagree, I bought about 40 of them for my company when they first came out. not to worried about apple stock the company would have to fold for me to lose money on the stock I bought

ACE - Guru
cousintim
My Device: iPhone 5 64GB

After three quotations of previous posts, readability takes a big hit.

Edit your replies to include only info relevant to your new post.

wingrider01

cousintim wrote:

prefer the total chain of evidence not be broken, to easy to make a replied to post mean something totally different then what is was intended to be

ACE - Guru
cousintim

wingrider01 wrote:

cousintim wrote:

prefer the total chain of evidence not be broken, to easy to make a replied to post mean something totally different then what is was intended to be

With just a bit of effort, it's quite easily to quote only the relevant information from the applicable posts.  As for the so-called "chain of evidence," it exists in the original posts.

wingrider01

cousintim wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

cousintim wrote:

With just a bit of effort, it's quite easily to quote only the relevant information from the applicable posts.  As for the so-called "chain of evidence," it exists in the original posts.

sorry prefer to stay in the same post, hard to switch back and forth when you are using a mobile device. My preference, my habit. Convience is king. If you deal with any regulatory organizations that conduct detailed audits the continued chain of comments and response are required to be in the same reply.

Have a good day

ACE - Guru
cousintim
[ Edited ]

wingrider01 wrote:
sorry prefer to stay in the same post, hard to switch back and forth when you are using a mobile device. My preference, my habit. Convience is king. If you deal with any regulatory organizations that conduct detailed audits the continued chain of comments and response are required to be in the same reply. 

This is a public message board, so there are no such regulatory requirements for posters.  As far as using a mobile device, that is exactly why brevity contributes to readability.  The convenience of the reader trumps that of the writer.

My original comment was YMMV.  Even a thirsty horse is always free not to drink.

ACE - Scholar
jane697
[ Edited ]

cousintim wrote:

One could rightfully ask that you post replies that are relevant to the main topic of the thread as well--no?  After all, none of your posts in this thread so far had anything to do with the topic of this thread...

Personally, I could see if wingrider took a bit of umbrage to your second sentence (above); I mean, were you asking that he should do so...or were you telling him?  I think anyone reading that sentence would interpret it as a demand rather than a request...and seeing how you don't have "Moderator" in your title, I don't think anyone is gonna "edit their replies to include only relevant info" simply because you told them to do so.

ACE - Scholar
jane697

cousintim wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

This is a public message board, so there are no such regulatory requirements for posters.  As far as using a mobile device, that is exactly why brevity contributes to readability.  The convenience of the reader trumps that of the writer.

Exactly, so who are you to tell someone that he/she should post in a certain manner simply for the sake of brevity and/or readability, especially if said person has already stated his/her preference?  Why anyone would bother to make a comment about something as trivial as a posting preference is beyond me, quite frankly--I don't see anyone else bothered by wingrider's posting method to the point that they need to comment about it openly in the thread itself.

ACE - Guru
cousintim

jane697 wrote:

cousintim wrote:

Why anyone would bother to make a comment about something as trivial as a posting preference is beyond me,

Because it's a public message board and everyone is free to post their opinions and comments.  They are even able to label the same as "trivial."

Phil-101
[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

This thread appears to be straying from the original subject.

Let's remember to stay on topic.

Thanks,

Phil-101
Community Moderator

Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution. You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread. This will help other users find this information too!