Re: Iphone 4 unlock[ Edited ]
12-11-2012 08:35:27 AM - edited 12-11-2012 08:35:54 AM
I upgraded my wife's iPhone 4S to a 5 Sunday at Best Buy. I now have an iPhone 4S that is not under contract nor on the network and has no phone number associated with it. How do I find out if it is unlocked or not? I called AT&T and the rep couldn't tell me if it was unlocked. She just pointed me to the online form to unlock it. The first field in the form is the phone number of the phone, but there is no number for the phone :-) Anyway I entered the previous number, which was not yet eligible for the upgrade: we did a swap using my daughter's line for the upgrade and swapped the numbers back. I entered the IMEI in the form, etc. What is going to happen and why do I have to wait JUST to find out if it is unlocked or not? Once I find out if it is locked, only then MAY I decide to unlock it. Why do I have to go through this process? Thanks for your help.
you did right by using the number that was assigned to the old Iphone 4, the only problem might be that they require the 2 year contract to be completed even if it was a upgrade. from the link, the underline portion is what I am talking about
AT&T will unlock an iPhone under the following circumstances:
- The person requesting the unlock is:
- a current AT&T customer or
- a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account
- The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network
- All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied; and
- The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.