Teacher
tangialbritton
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR THE IPHONE?? ITS THE TEXTING APP WHILE YOUR DRIVING. IT SAYS GO TO ITUNES OR THE APPLE APP STORE.....I HAVE DONE BOTH AND CANNOT FIND NO WHERE TO DOWNLOAD THIS.

 

ANY HELPFUL INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

THANKS SO MUCH

 

TANGI

Professor
dwill05
Posts: 2,704
Registered: ‎04-06-2005
My Device: iPhone 5
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
Are you sure the app exists? If its not in the app store it either doesn't exist, or it's been pulled.
ACE - Guru
brainwaver
Posts: 394
Registered: ‎04-10-2009
My Device: iPhone 5s 32 GB
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

I found this with a quick google search. Looks like it isn't for the iPhone yet.

 

 

"To reduce the temptation to text while driving, AT&T offers a simple – and free – mobile application, AT&T DriveMode – now available for its Android™ and BlackBerry® customers."

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Contributor
MarlbMan
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-29-2012
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
So apparently there isn't such a thing for the iPhone yet. If they've already made the app for the Adroid and the BlackBerry, why are us iPhone customers being left out?

Is texting and driving not equally dangerous to us or are we more expendable? :smileyhappy:

Actually, if I remember correctly, I seem to remember reading something in the "What's new?" notes for the release of iOS 6 that hinted at a similar sort of feature. Now I haven't upgraded my iPhone to the new iOS yet, but I'll pop back into the release notes to see if I remember correctly and then report my findings here.

Dan
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor
MarlbMan
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-29-2012
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
OK, actually what I remembered didn't have anything to do with text messages. In the release notes for iOS 6 it has a small section on what's new related to phone function and it says:

"Do Not Disturb to suppress incoming calls and notifications
'Reply with message' option when declining a call
'Remind me later' option based on time or location when declining a call."

Which are interesting improvements sure to be useful, when applied for the purpose, of keeping us safer on the road. So, the question remains, why hasn't AT&T DriveMode been made available as an app for us iPhone customers?
Posted from Apple iPhone
Planet-Ed
Posts: 9,862
Topics: 75
Kudos: 31
Solutions: 362
Registered: ‎07-09-2005
My Device:  iPhone 5
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Different Apps can take different times to get to the market.  There are differences in the programming and chaallanages to restriction of APIs depending on the OS.

 

With my new iPhone what I've been doing is using Siri.  if I see a message from someone I hold the Siri button, tell it to send them a text message stating to call me.  That way I can answer with my handsfree system.

 

But there has been issues where it doesn't always get it right, but its a start to the right track.

Scholar
munie1
Posts: 294
Registered: ‎11-06-2006
My Device: N95, BlackJack, A707, ZX20,Rzr
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
WHY AND THE YELL IS THE IPHONE THE LAST PHONE TO ALWAYS GET "ANY" NEW APPS OR TECHNOLOGY!! THIS REALLY SUCKS APPLE!!! STICK AN ARROW IN IT!!!!!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor
Matez
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-23-2012
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

I usually never reply to posts but I just have to say, the post that complains about apple being the last to get new technologies....

 

SERIOUSLY???  Umm, Apple is the inventor of technology.  Smart phones, apps, and the ability to use your phone for more then making a call and sending a text message are all possible because of Apple.  Think about it, before the iphone, a "smartphone" could make calls, send texts, and had a calander palm pilot type system with a small 1 inch screen that used the 0-9 numbers to enter information.  Seriously, the android platform, and all those other "smartphones" are just a copy of the Apple iPhone.

 

I would like to say: THANKS APPLE FOR ALL THE TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS YOU HAVE PROVIDED THE WORLD, NOW AND IN THE PAST.  I WONT FORGET YOU ARE THE INVENTOR OF THE HOME COMPUTER.  WE LOVE YOU !!!

Professor
dwill05
Posts: 2,704
Registered: ‎04-06-2005
My Device: iPhone 5
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

munie1 wrote:
WHY AND THE YELL IS THE IPHONE THE LAST PHONE TO ALWAYS GET "ANY" NEW APPS OR TECHNOLOGY!! THIS REALLY SUCKS APPLE!!! STICK AN ARROW IN IT!!!!!

Seriously?  Apple doesn't write the apps, except the ones that come with the OS.  If you want a specific app, that's up to the app developer.  Also, there have been a number of apps that have appeared first on the iPhone and only come much later to Android.

Posted from Apple iPad
wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Matez wrote:

I usually never reply to posts but I just have to say, the post that complains about apple being the last to get new technologies....

 

SERIOUSLY???  Umm, Apple is the inventor of technology.  Smart phones, apps, and the ability to use your phone for more then making a call and sending a text message are all possible because of Apple.  Think about it, before the iphone, a "smartphone" could make calls, send texts, and had a calander palm pilot type system with a small 1 inch screen that used the 0-9 numbers to enter information.  Seriously, the android platform, and all those other "smartphones" are just a copy of the Apple iPhone.

 

I would like to say: THANKS APPLE FOR ALL THE TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS YOU HAVE PROVIDED THE WORLD, NOW AND IN THE PAST.  I WONT FORGET YOU ARE THE INVENTOR OF THE HOME COMPUTER.  WE LOVE YOU !!!


Sorry to burst your bubble - apple did not invent the home computer, Scelbi & Mark-8 Altair & IBM 5100 Computers came out in the 1974/1975 range, the Apple, TRS80, Pet Commodore did not hit the home market till 1976. The rest of your cooments are equally uninformed

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
ACE - Scholar
jane697
Posts: 228
Registered: ‎09-18-2012
My Device: Apple iPhone 5
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
[ Edited ]

Matez wrote:

 

SERIOUSLY???  Umm, Apple is the inventor of technology.  Smart phones, apps, and the ability to use your phone for more then making a call and sending a text message are all possible because of Apple.  Think about it, before the iphone, a "smartphone" could make calls, send texts, and had a calander palm pilot type system with a small 1 inch screen that used the 0-9 numbers to enter information.  Seriously, the android platform, and all those other "smartphones" are just a copy of the Apple iPhone.

 

I would like to say: THANKS APPLE FOR ALL THE TECHNOLOGICAL INNOVATIONS YOU HAVE PROVIDED THE WORLD, NOW AND IN THE PAST.  I WONT FORGET YOU ARE THE INVENTOR OF THE HOME COMPUTER.  WE LOVE YOU !!!


I can only assume that the user made those two comments (which I underlined) with his tongue firmly planted in his cheek since otherwise the above post would clearly reek of Apple fandom--LOL!

 

Smartphones possible because of Apple?  Apple may have arguably taken the smartphone to a whole new level but in no way were smartphones possible because of Apple...not unless you're implying that they invented the smartphone as well?

 

Innovator of technology?  Look up the history of Siri--the main/only reason that Siri is available as an iOS function is because Apple bought the company responsible for the Siri technology.  Innovator indeed...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tutor
jwhalen860
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-21-2012
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

awesome responses

 

 

meanwhile - why no DriveMode app for iPhone ?

wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

jwhalen860 wrote:

awesome responses

 

 

meanwhile - why no DriveMode app for iPhone ?



 


Ask Apple, they do not allow base access to the IOS/device at all, drive mode would require that. Would suggest thast you go over to the forums at www.apple.com and ask this question there.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tutor
jwhalen860
Posts: 4
Registered: ‎09-21-2012
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

wingrider01 wrote:

Ask Apple, they do not allow base access to the IOS/device at all, drive mode would require that. Would suggest thast you go over to the forums at www.apple.com and ask this question there.


 

ah.  well that's too bad.  thanks for the answer!

 

Contributor
charlton4900
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎12-01-2012
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
Really? AT&T and all the other large corporations run on Windows. They focus on getting their programs working first then they work on the others. Apple hopes to be the leader on their network but they essentially make 1 phone and have a very small share overall of the wireless market. Complain to AT&T.
wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

charlton4900 wrote:
Really? AT&T and all the other large corporations run on Windows. They focus on getting their programs working first then they work on the others. Apple hopes to be the leader on their network but they essentially make 1 phone and have a very small share overall of the wireless market. Complain to AT&T.

att has absolutley nothing to do with the apps or the ios on the iphone - that is 100 percent apple, no one else. they do not allow direct acces to the device and if you want it, then google jail break or hacking the iphone for a way to do it. Apple does not even allow developers to access the base kernal level and drivers on the phone with the SDK that they offer

Might want to relook at your comment about all the other largoe corporations runs on windows - may have been trwu 10 years ago, but things are changing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Professor
josephz2va
Posts: 1,666
Registered: ‎08-10-2008
My Device: Apple i4 32GB
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
AT&T wrote the app for android devices and soon the WP8. I don't recall an iOS announcement. However there are several text and drive apps available. Even the core built "do not disturb".
Posted from Apple iPhone
wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

josephz2va wrote:
AT&T wrote the app for android devices and soon the WP8. I don't recall an iOS announcement. However there are several text and drive apps available. Even the core built "do not disturb".

would be curious to see a app for mount the iphone as a drive letter that works on a non-jail broken phone, can you list some of them taht are on itunes?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Contributor
dscribner0528
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-01-2013
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
HEY! so where is the IPhone App to download a Drive Mode to stop my wife from texting while she's driving and prevent me from answering her when she's always texting me when I'm driving?
This is WAY overdue!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor
dscribner0528
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-01-2013
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
Can't find Anything.…and a GPS activated drive mode should be standard on all phones with a manual over-ride feature. It's a no brainier for no brainers!
Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor
dscribner0528
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎08-01-2013
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP
Somebody throw me a bone please.
Posted from Apple iPhone
oz_1
Posts: 4,059
Topics: 157
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 16
Registered: ‎10-25-2008
My Device: iPhone 5 32g
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Do we really need an app for this come on people use some common sense when behind the wheel of an automobile.

As for Apple not having a particular app not all are submitted to Apple and when they do they still have to meet their approval which has kept the phone safe unlike the competition where a nasty can slip in.

I do agree before the iPhone the best I could get for productivity was a Blackberry.

I remembet the Apple ,TRS80 and the Comodore 64 available for consummer use but not an IBM in the stores must have missed that one.

Apple did not invent the mouse but they were the first to use one in a consummer computer.

They are also the one who made the Trackpad better and more useable.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

dscribner0528 wrote:
Can't find Anything.…and a GPS activated drive mode should be standard on all phones with a manual over-ride feature. It's a no brainier for no brainers!

they have the perfect "no brainer" resolution where I live - if the leos see you texting and driving it is a stoppable offense whth a hefty ticket cost, using a cell device without a hands free while driving is also a stoppable offense. The insurance companies are now pulling phone records in the case of a accident to see if any texting was going on in the case of a accident investigation. The best solution, aka "no Brainer" solution is to take personal responsibilty and not text when you drive.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Max69
Posts: 2,303
Topics: 15
Kudos: 67
Solutions: 74
Registered: ‎06-19-2006
My Device: iPhone 4s, iPad 2, Elevate 4G
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Your iPhone has a built in drive mode. Next time you get in the car, look at the top of your phone. See that button up there? Press and hold it for three seconds. You'll then see a red slider at the top of the screen. Slide it to the right and drive mode is engaged.

 

All it takes is a little common sense. When you're driving, leave the phone alone or turn it off. No text message is important enough to take your attention away from what you should be doing (driving).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
oz_1
Posts: 4,059
Topics: 157
Kudos: 54
Solutions: 16
Registered: ‎10-25-2008
My Device: iPhone 5 32g
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

wingrider01 wrote:

dscribner0528 wrote:
Can't find Anything.…and a GPS activated drive mode should be standard on all phones with a manual over-ride feature. It's a no brainier for no brainers!

they have the perfect "no brainer" resolution where I live - if the leos see you texting and driving it is a stoppable offense whth a hefty ticket cost, using a cell device without a hands free while driving is also a stoppable offense. The insurance companies are now pulling phone records in the case of a accident to see if any texting was going on in the case of a accident investigation. The best solution, aka "no Brainer" solution is to take personal responsibilty and not text when you drive.


Same here all it took was someone running over a child near a school zone to get it enforced sad but true.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

oz_1 wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

dscribner0528 wrote:
Can't find Anything.…and a GPS activated drive mode should be standard on all phones with a manual over-ride feature. It's a no brainier for no brainers!

they have the perfect "no brainer" resolution where I live - if the leos see you texting and driving it is a stoppable offense whth a hefty ticket cost, using a cell device without a hands free while driving is also a stoppable offense. The insurance companies are now pulling phone records in the case of a accident to see if any texting was going on in the case of a accident investigation. The best solution, aka "no Brainer" solution is to take personal responsibilty and not text when you drive.


Same here all it took was someone running over a child near a school zone to get it enforced sad but true.


at 200.00 a ticket, it is effortless income for the city and the driver gets thier name in the local paper:smileyhappy: Gotta love small town america

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Professor
RonAnnArbor
Posts: 2,130
Registered: ‎01-28-2006
My Device: Blackberry 9000 Bold
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Read through the thread --

 

I am sure that ATT has submitted the app to Apple -- but that is not how Apple works -- they need to approve the app before it can be listed for sale in the App Store, even if that comes from ATT or Verizon or whomever.  That process can take from days to months depending on the program.

 

In this case, ANY attempt to use Apple's system, which this app would require to access their texting system, is not permitted by Apple....

 

I'm sure ATT will figure out a way to do this, but for now, its not available. 

Contributor
Nicholsx
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-23-2013
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Drive Safe Mode by Text Safe Teens https://appsto.re/us/dfMuD.i

Posted from Apple iPhone
Contributor
Nicholsx
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎09-23-2013
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Safemode by Honda by Honda Automobile (Thailand) Co.,Ltd. https://appsto.re/us/f6QJO.i

Posted from Apple iPhone
wingrider01
Posts: 11,888
Topics: 98
Kudos: 461
Solutions: 212
Registered: ‎05-26-2008
My Device: Iphone 3GS
Re: AT&T DRIVE MODE APP FOR IPHONE HOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS???? PLEASE HELP

Nicholsx wrote:

Drive Safe Mode by Text Safe Teens https://appsto.re/us/dfMuD.i


app has a pretty poor rating overall, 1 1/2 stars the 3 reviews that are listed calls it a rip off

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.