Phone & Device Upgrades

Phone & Device Upgrades

Ask questions & get information about upgrading your AT&T phone or device. Find links to upgrade topics including checking eligibility & device activation.

Ask a question

Pinned posts

(1)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

AT&T Device Protection – Enroll Your Device or Learn How To File A Claim!

I have personally used AT&T Device Protection... twice within 6 months. Life happens don't wait until it's too late you get Device Protection or a case for that matter! Learn about AT&T's Device Protection below or file a claim.  If you are thinking, "I wish I would have enrolled when

Questions

(6947)
No Tracking Number for returned phone. AT&T says it hasn't been received and Customer Service is useless.

We purchased a iPhone 11 in November but decided to go with the iPhone 12 mini instead. We spoke to a customer service rep who said to use to use the return label and said we could use USPS to ship.  We had our mailman scan the box but we were told we didn't need a tracking number.  Now i

Questions

Didn’t get a tracking number or shipping receipt for a Next Up Upgrade because of a store manager. Am I screwed?

When I picked up my phone upgrade from my local store, (which messed it up the first time, but that’s a whole different debacle) they gave me my shipping box and my shipping label then told me verbatim “Just tape the label to the box and drop it off in the USPS package drop off.” So I did exactly th

Questions

Switching phones

My family and I switched internet providers to AT&T and we got new iPhone 14s. My parents were the ones who made the switch and we told them the 14 Pros were better. Is it possible to send the 14s back and get the 14 pros instead?

Questions

Closed

AT&T never gave me trade-in credit

AT&T never gave me trade-in credit This whole program is insane. "Mail in your phone or return it in store and we will give you $800 credit in three months."  SCAM I traded my iPhone 13pro max in around December Or January of 2022. It is now January of 2023. After multiple calls and hours on the l

Questions

AT&T lost my trade in

I traded in two iPhones in July 2023. An 11 Pro and a 12 Pro. We dropped them off at the post office. I re received an email from them on July 25, stating that they had not received my trade-in as of yet, the iPhone 12 Pro. I called them right then and spoke with them and they told me that they had

Questions

Why does AT&T continue to lie after being a 20+ yr customer about trade-in credit?

I've personally spent over 8+ hrs over the last 4yrs on phone calls with AT&T reps with a promise to get the trade-in credits we were told we'd get for trading in our phones.  I finally gave up on the last phone my son got, but now I'm really getting (Edited per community guidelines) that it's happe

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Device upgrade pain

I placed an order yesterday for a device upgrade ( I'm eligible) and placed an order for store pickup. I went to the store to collect the phone, the store agent ran a fraud check with another online agent, who asked me some questions on phone. It wasn't audible at all, still I answered the questions

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Daughters new phone deactivated son's number

My daughter got a new phone (iPhone 14) that used my son's phone's (iphone 13) upgrade eligibility. As a result, when her phone was activated, it deactivated my son's. Now it looks like we have two of the same phone with different numbers, only his number isn't active on his phone. How can I fix thi

Questions

Is it AT&T policy to have customers fix and resolve issues that AT&T created?

I went into a store on Sunday to upgrade my phone. I specifically wanted to get the iPhone 14 Pro Max but unfortunately they did not have that one in the store, understandably since the iPhone 15’s are the newest phones. They told me that they will order it and it will be shipped. I was happy with t

Questions

Help removing family lines from my account

Is there a way I can put a hold on my siblings line from being able to upgrade their current device, so that they can pay off what they have and I can remove them from my account. I currently have 8 lines for my family under my account and want to have my own account with just me and my husband but

Questions

Be the first to reply

(1)
Didn’t get a tracking number or shipping receipt for a Next Up Upgrade because of a store manager. Am I screwed?

When I picked up my phone upgrade from my local store, (which messed it up the first time, but that’s a whole different debacle) they gave me my shipping box and my shipping label then told me verbatim “Just tape the label to the box and drop it off in the USPS package drop off.” So I did exactly th

Questions

Trending Accepted Solutions

(2)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Device upgrade pain

I placed an order yesterday for a device upgrade ( I'm eligible) and placed an order for store pickup. I went to the store to collect the phone, the store agent ran a fraud check with another online agent, who asked me some questions on phone. It wasn't audible at all, still I answered the questions

Questions

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Daughters new phone deactivated son's number

My daughter got a new phone (iPhone 14) that used my son's phone's (iphone 13) upgrade eligibility. As a result, when her phone was activated, it deactivated my son's. Now it looks like we have two of the same phone with different numbers, only his number isn't active on his phone. How can I fix thi

Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand all
Not finding what you're looking for?

Shop the way you want

Free shipping & returns

Shop online with free shipping and returns.

Learn more

Same-day pickup

Order online and pick up in-store or curbside today. Subject to availability.

Find a store

Same-day delivery

Get same-day delivery with optional expert setup. Subject to availability. Select areas only.

Learn more

Live shopping assistance

Get help picking out the perfect device and plan with a live virtual expert.

Learn more
How can we help you today?
Shop phones
& devices
Bring your
own device
Upgrade phone
Add a line
to your plan
Download
myAT&T app
Get help online
Visit a store
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.