[ Edited ]
y suspend or Restore my Service
11-17-2012 03:21:54 PM - last edited on 03-07-2013 04:07:21 PM by ATTJulieCS
Hi i am on a 2 year contract mobile share plan with one of my friend. And i will be going overseas for 2 months. Is it possible to suspend my at and t plan for 2 months and how much would my friend be charged when I'm gone?
[ Edited ]
y suspend or restore my service
11-18-2012 12:16:43 AM - last edited on 03-07-2013 04:07:45 PM by ATTJulieCS
Hi i am on a 2 year contract mobile share plan with 1 of my friends. And I will be going overseas for 2 months. Is it possible to suspend my AT&T line for 2 months and how much would my friend be charged when I'm gone?
All the information you need is listed below for you. However there is no price difference for when your line is active or suspended, with a suspension you just can not use the phone.
Suspend and reinstate service
A service suspension can be at your request (voluntary), or it can be initiated by AT&T (involuntary). GoPhone (prepaid service) cannot be suspended.
Suspended service prevents you from making and receiving calls on your wireless device, except for calling 611 to reach customer care or 911 in the event of an emergency. All account services and features, such as call forwarding, cannot be accessed while the account is suspended.
Monthly recurring fees accrue while the phone number is in a voluntary suspended status. If you need assistance, please call Customer Service at 1-800-331-0500.
Voluntary service suspensions
To suspend or reinstate service on a voluntary basis:
- Log in to your myAT&T online account. (If you don't have a myAT&T login, create a user account now.)
- Select the myAT&T tab at the top of the page.
- Hover over the Wireless link and select Suspend/Reactivate.
- Next to the appropriate phone, select one of the following:
- Select a reason from the drop-down list and then select Suspend.
- Select Reactivate.
- Select Confirm to suspend or reactivate your wireless service.
If you previously reported your device lost or stolen, the Status of your device will display as Lost & Suspended.
Rollover Minutes for voluntary suspensions
- You will lose any accumulated Rollover Minutes if your account remains in a suspended or canceled status for 60 days or more. The Current Rollover Balance on the account will expire and can't be reinstated for suspended or canceled accounts after 60 days. If you reactivate your service within 59 days, the Current Rollover Balance will remain on the account and become available for use.
- During this 60-day period, your account will not accumulate any additional Rollover Minutes. Your Current Rollover Balance will continue to age while your account is suspended or canceled, therefore any minuets that aren't used within 12 billing periods will expire.
AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12. You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF. Policy info HERE.
Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.