01-31-2013 09:12:59 AM
Had a problem recently with my new Mifi Liberate and rebooted several times in an attempt to clear the connected devices - it was showing 3 devices connected when in fact NO devices were connected. Since the Mifi thought it had the devices already connected, was unable to connect those devices to it. Before this event the data usage was showing on the Mifi and was updated. I ending up having to reset the Mifi to get it working properly again and ever since then it is showing zero data usage. i have tried to refresh on the device and also through the att.mifiliberate interface on my PC, but is still showing zero. Chatted with AT&T support and they had no clue what to do and they said it should pick up the usage when it connects to the network - but obviously it is not doing what it should be doing!
So, anyone have any ideas? It would be nice to view the data usage on the Mifi without having to log into my account!
Thanks in advance!
02-05-2013 07:50:14 PM
The same occured with me immediately after I went over the limit on my data usage. It set itself to 0.0 and did not update, even after the billing cycle reset. To fix it, I had to reset the device to factory settings, losing all of my settings, and once I did that, it began updating the usage again. Not a great fix but a fix.
02-05-2013 10:13:16 PM
When I did the reset to factory settings to clear the connected devices, that's when it reset the data usage to zero and stopped updating. I didn't exceed my data limit so that was not part of the issue. I thought about trying to reset it again, but thought that since the reset caused it to set the usage to zero and stop updating, that resetting again would not help. I haven't changed the settings much since it's fairly new, so resetting it again won't really cause too much trouble. Perhaps I will give it a try again! Thanks for your input!
10-13-2013 08:04:45 AM
I thought an update may be in order for this issue since it seems to go far beyond zero data usage. I stopped using the Mifi Liberate as of the beginning of my last billing cycle in September because there seemed to be an extraordinary amount of data being used on it that I couldn't account for. BTW, it always showed zero data usage and that never changed nor could anyone at AT&T explain why. I have Networx installed on my primary PC and so was monitoring data usage that way and it was close to what AT&T had for data usage on their web site...but there seemed to be some days with inordinate amount of data usage that didn't show in Networx - days when I wasn't even home for the majority of the day. I could not find anything that would directly monitor the Mifi (Networx can't because of the network protocol) so decided to switch to exclusively using my phone as a hotspot because the phone tracks all data usage on itself and is not just displaying what AT&T is feeding it. Thank goodness I did this! I have found that as of today, AT&T is showing just over 1GB less data usage than what my phone is showing and when I check the data usage details on the web site, IT HASN'T BEEN UPDATED IN 4 DAYS! Networx is pretty much in sync with my phone data usage, but AT&T system data usage is way off. There is something very, very sinister and devious going on here and I feel like I'm having to constantly protect myself from exceeding the data usage limit because it feels as if AT&T is doing everything they can to not provide up to date data usage or reporting bogus data usage so that I could very easily exceed my data limit if I weren't taking steps to track it myself. I also feel there is something very wrong with data usage on the Mifi Liberate. Even though I haven't really changed my internet usage since using only my phone, I am using about HALF of the data that was being used on the Mifi Liberate. Something is very wrong with AT&T data usage system, and I don't think it benefits their customers in any way. Beware!
11-03-2013 09:30:58 AM
I also had a customer who just came back into the store after only having the liberate for a week and she was disappointed that her data usage hadnt started yet and she knew she should have had some usage at this point so i checked for a software update and once that was completed it started working. the only thing that i did notice is that the refresh button never did display on the data screen so im not sure if that is something that they have taken away and the website that is given for support for the liberate is not available which is fustrating for the customer.
11-04-2013 10:09:13 AM
I have checked for software updates through the Liberate and according to the device, there were none available. I have had nothing but problems with this device (numerous and various) and decided 2 months ago to discontinue using it because on my bill it reported over 1GB of usage in 1 day on this hotspot...when it was in my home, but no one was home for the whole day. No, the neighbors didn't use it because I don't have any close neighbors. One of the main reasons I discontinued using it was because I could not track data usage on it independent of AT&T systems or the device itself and I was having serious issues with what appeared to be inaccurate data usage. I have found since I quit using it (I only use my phone as a mobile hotspot because it can track data itself) that my data usage is significantly less. This has introduced a more serious issue which I won't go into here because it's not directly related to the Liberate, but suffice it to say it has prompted me to file a complaint with the FCC and a complaint with AT&T, for which there is a pending case because they recognize there is an issue but haven't yet resolved it.