Troubleshoot your device issues
Shells5's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 3:43 PM

LG Neon II New Text Notification

How do I set up my LG Neon II to say who just sent the text instead of just saying "1 new message"? 

This is the first phone that I had that doesn't tell me who the message is from until I actually open the message.

Thank you!

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Shells5 wrote:

How do I set up my LG Neon II to say who just sent the text instead of just saying "1 new message"? 

This is the first phone that I had that doesn't tell me who the message is from until I actually open the message.

Thank you!

There is no way to change it. It's just how the phone is set up. When I had my (original) Neon, it would display the same thing. There was no way to tell who the message was from, even if there were multiple messages from different people.

In my experience, Samsung phones are the ones that will tell you who the message is from. I guess LG has a different method of design, I guess...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

That's a bummer.   I had an LG when I was with Verizon and I just assumed that all LG phones would announce who the text is from.  Guess I will just have to get used to it.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

@Shells5 wrote:

That's a bummer.   I had an LG when I was with Verizon and I just assumed that all LG phones would announce who the text is from.  Guess I will just have to get used to it.

Thank you very much for your help! 

Yes, I had somehow managed to get used to it with my previous Neon... 😉 Although it would definitely have been nice to see who the message(s) is [are] from, you can't really tell the phone manufacturers how to design their phones.

You're welcome, though. 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.