12-09-2012 01:23:59 PM
I have an Emerson Wireless Headset EM229 that is supposed to pair with any phone with Bluetooth. It worked fine with my previous phone, a Pantech. I just bought a Fusion 2 and it will not find the headset when scanning at all. Has anyone else had Bluetooth issues with this phone? Can anyone provide some advice? I really don't want to have to buy a whole new headset, especially if it's the phone that is the problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-09-2012 03:22:48 PM
Hopefully this works, here is a trouble shooting list try try.
I cannot get the headset into Pairing Mode
- Make sure the headset is turned on before beginning the pairing process (the headset is in pairing mode when you turn it on for the rst time).
- If you are not pairing for the rst time or for manual pairing, press and HOLD the [Call] button until the indicator light ashes RED and BLUE alternately.
My mobile phone cannot pair with the headset
- Make sure that you fully charged the headset before pairing.
- Keep the headset and mobile phone within 3 feet of each other during the pairing process.
- Check that your phone’s Bluetooth feature is turned ON.
- Try removing the battery from your mobile phone for 5 minutes. Place the battery back in the phone, power it on, and retry the pairing process (see “Manual Pairing”).
- Try repeating the pairing process, see “Manual pairing.”
After successfully pairing my mobile phone and headset, when I shut the phone and turn it on again, the headset did not automatically reconnect
- Try turning the headset OFF, and then turning it ON again.
- Many mobile phones have an auto reconnect option when rst attempting to reconnect to a newly paired Bluetooth device. Make sure you accept this option, so that the headset automatically reconnects to your mobile phone; check the user guide of your mobile phone for more information regarding this option.
- Try unpairing the headset from your phone, and repeat the pairing procedure.
- Make sure the Bluetooth Headset is within 3 feet of your mobile phone or Bluetooth enabled device.
- Set the [Power] switch to the ON position.
- Press and HOLD the [Call] button until the indicator light flashes RED and BLUE alternately.
- The headset is now in Pairing Mode and is ready to connect to your mobile phone or Bluetooth enabled device.
- NOTE: To enter Pairing Mode at any time, you must press and HOLD the [Call] button for approximately 10 seconds.
- OR depending on which model mobile phone you are trying to connect the headset to, it may not be necessary to enter a passcode and the following message (or similar) may appear on your phone’s display.
- Enter numeric passkey for EM229:
EM229 Bluetooth: Enabled
Select “Pair” to complete the pairing process.
“EM229” would like to pair with your phone. Would you like to allow it to pair?
Cancel Pair EM229
- NOTE: The screenshots above are typical of many Bluetooth enabled phones in the market today, and are used to assist in the explanation of the pairing process. Your mobile phone’s or Bluetooth enabled device’s interface and interaction with the headset may be slightly dierent from the illustrations shown.
NOTE: This headset is capable of pairing to two mobile phones at the same time.
Pairing a second phone (Multi-Link)
- Make sure the headset is turned ON and connected to the first phone.
- Press and HOLD the [Volume Down] button for 3 seconds or until the headset’s indicator light ashes RED and BLUE alternately.
- The headset is now in Pairing Mode and is ready to connect to your second mobile phone.
- Set your second mobile phone to search for Bluetooth devices.
- When the second phone nds the headset, conirm by selecting EM229 from the list.
- Enter passcode “0000” when prompted by the second phone OR depending on which model phone you are trying to connect the headset to, it may not be necessary to enter a passcode. Select “Pair” to complete the pairing process.
- Your mobile phone will conrm that the pairing process was completed. Select “Yes” to connect the headset to your second mobile phone. If the pairing was successful, the headset’s indicator light turns to standby mode and ashes once every three seconds.
- After pairing the second phone, by default the rst phone will be disconnected from the headset. Enter the first phone’s Bluetooth settings screen and connect it to the headset. Both phones should now be connected to the headset.
AT&T's return policy has changed effective 10/07/12. You have 14 days to return the device & cxl without a ETF. Policy info HERE.
Where is Justin Timberlake when you need him?. I need him to billed me a bridge to get a cross all these tears from complainers.This post is protected under the laws of the United States & other Countries. Unauthorized duplication, Distribution may result in civil liability & criminal prosecution.The OP gratefully acknowledge the cooperation of: The mods, Fellow forumites, Canada, The United States Of America, Mexico, USVI & Europe. As well as James Bond.When the going gets rough, hide in a pillow fort and pretend you don't exist.