For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
rfree2340's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, December 17th, 2008 3:44 AM

Closed

Does the HTC Fuze require a data plan?

I really REALLY want the HTC Fuze but everyone at all the AT&T stores says "It requires a data plan." but everyone on the internet says its optional. Can someone that owns the phone tell me if it requires one or not? I think that the AT&T stores are lying to us to try and get us to get the data plan. Even the kiosk at my dads Boeing office says that you require one.

Accepted Solution

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

Problem solved. 😄 I found a guy at an AT&T store that didn't say that it required a data plan, so I got it! Yay finally.

Explorer

• 

27 Messages

15 years ago

It requires a data plan to get the best out of it. It is NOT mandatory, but they may require you to get the plan to give you the phone for the advertised price. Without a data plan, I hope you'd have wifi easily accessible, otherwise you'll be missing on alot.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

15 years ago

Ok, if you go to AT&T stores, you have to get the data plan if you want to get it for the advertised price of $299.99.

If you DON'T get a data plan, it will cost $350.00 (because the $50.00 mail in rebate needs proof of a data plan) + 2 phone contract.

I asked both in stores and online...

This is only valid for stores labeled "AT&T."  If you buy from a third party seller, then that price doesn't stand.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

15 years ago

NO!  it does NOT require a data plan!

I live in an area will no 3G, so why spend the money on substand data access.  The fuze is just fine without a data plan.  The built in Wifi takes care of any data access I need,  Hot spots are more common then most people think.

Scholar

• 

318 Messages

15 years ago

No AT&T Phone, even Blackberrys, require a data plan. One of many reasons to stay with AT&T over Verizon.

Regards-Michael G. 

Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

15 years ago

@mgerbasio wrote:

No AT&T Phone, even Blackberrys, require a data plan. One of many reasons to stay with AT&T over Verizon.

Regards-Michael G. 

Except for the iPhone, of course.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks guys. Now what can my dad do to get the Fuze from a guy at the AT&T kiosk at Boeing that says that the data plan is required? I think the guy might have meant that to buy it with the rebate price that you need the data plan, but I'm not sure he might have been just trying to get us to get the data plan.

Scholar

• 

318 Messages

15 years ago

Got me on the iphone - darn it 🙂

@shenanigans wrote:

@mgerbasio wrote:

Regards-Michael G. 

Except for the iPhone, of course.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.