Troubleshoot your device issues
menkai's profile

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, July 19th, 2008 11:54 AM

Closed

Data Cable for 6085

Just got the 6085 and want to know how/where  I can purchase a cable to download songs from CDs to make ring tones.  I have already downloaded the Nokia PC Suite but don't know how to get the cable (and the model no.)

Can I make "snippets" of songs to use as ring tones?

Thanks for everyone's help.  Smiley Happy

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

Here is a link to the data cables from the NokiaUSA website (CA-53 or CA-70); you can get them there or you will likely find them available for less elsewhere (E-bay, Amazon.com, etc.).

http://www.nokiausa.com/A4431494

Yes, you can make snippets of your MP3's (start with a 30 second clip and you'll likely be within the < 600 kB filesize requirement at&t branded phones - if not, reduce the bitrate) ripped from cd's by using "Audacity" - it's a free download and is pretty intuitive and easy to use.  🙂

Then you'll send them to your phone using the Nokia PC Suite software; or if you have a memory card for the phone, I believe you can simply transfer them with the phone OFF directly to the memory card via "My Computer".  It should see the memory card as a removeable storage device.

Or if your pc has a compatible memory card reader or bluetooth, you would not need the data cable to transfer the files to your 6085.

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

16 years ago

Thanks much for the great info, hme83.  Did not know what the model number was or whether either one would do. 

Will check amazon.com also! Smiley Very Happy

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

16 years ago

I got the Bluetooth Dongle "Jabra" and can use it to transfer files between any bluetooth phone and my PC. We use several different models, this saves me from having to buy several different cables.....It's available from AT&T accessories page...... Smiley Wink

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

You're welcome. 🙂

Yes, either should work - I believe the only difference is that one model gives you the ability to charge the 6085 while it's connected to the pc as well, whereas the other is just a data cable.

And as JB00 suggests, you may even want to consider a bluetooth adapter instead of purchasing a cable.  You can backup your phone's contents to PC Suite using bluetooth as well as the USB cable. 

Message Edited by hme83 on 07-20-2008 10:05:08 AM

Mentor

• 

51 Messages

16 years ago

Do you have a microSD slot on your phone? Mine does and it allows me to put stuff on the card, transfer it to the internal memory and then set it as a ringtone. You can use http://mp3mer.com to trim songs.

Explorer

• 

9 Messages

16 years ago

Thank you all for the good information.  It is very much appreciated.  Smiley Wink

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

Glad to help. 🙂
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.