04-21-2013 06:12:18 PM - last edited on 04-21-2013 09:28:19 PM by Phil-101
- In the evening of April 2, 2013, my phone, a lumia 920, stopped recognizing my sim card. I called AT&T technical support department and AT&T told me that a replacement phone is to be sent to me.
- About one hour later, I reset my phone again and the phone worked. I called AT&T and asked to cancel the order. AT&T told me that once the order is placed, it cannot be canceled. I was advised to refuse delivery once I receive the replacement phone.
- The phone was delivered to my front porch on April 4th.
- On April 5th, I took the box to FedEx and refused the delivery. I asked the lady from FedEx to give me a receipt. She copied the box and signed her name with her employee id.
- On April 10th, the refused delivery returned to AT&T and AT&T signed (confirmed by FedEx later)
- On April 15th, I received a message from AT&T asking me to return the defective phone.
- On April 15th, I called ATT customer service after receiving the message and stated that I have sent the replacement phone back. Norma H from ATT is the representative. She is very nice and professional.
- On April 15th, I went to FedEx facility where I refused the original replacement delivery and the lady there found the tracking slip and provided a tracking number.
- Around noon of April 15th, Norma H. from AT&T called and I provided her with the tracking number.
- In the afternoon of April 15th, Norma H. sent me an e-mail confirming that AT&T has received the package. The e-mail has been attached.
- On April 21, I got a call from On Process Technology from phone umber (800) ***-*** and told me that AT&T has not received the defective phone.
- On April 21, I called AT&T back and was transferred to Warranty Department. I talked to a Gentleman and he was asking for tracking number of the return. I told him that I thought the matter was closed on April 15th. I asked him to transfer me to his manager. The manager asked where I dropped the package. I told him that I dropped it at a FedEx facility. He told me that I dropped at the wrong place. It should be USPS. Then he concluded that the phone was never returned to AT&T and I will be responsible for the charge. I asked him to review the record. I offered him the Norma H.’s e-mail so that AT&T can clear things up once for all. He told me that he was pretty sure that I did not return the phone. I told him that I was not going to be insulted. If he insisting one more time that ATT did not receive the phone I am going to cancel my service. He gave me a total I have to pay in the 800s and canceled the service
[Edited to comply with Guidelines]
[Subject edited to reflect new topic]
04-22-2013 09:14:00 AM
Hello petersun21. Thank you for such great detailed notes in your post. I'm so sorry that you have had such a difficult experience in getting this resolved.
Please click ATTCustomerCare where you can send a private message to a great team of folks that will assist you. When you send the private message, please be sure you include your name, contact number/email as well as a good time for you to be reached.
Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.