Need help understanding your bill?
rambo47's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, April 12th, 2012 6:32 PM

Looking to leave Sprint (and come back to AT&T)

Sprint was WAY cheaper for my familiy plan. Here's what I've got now:

3 iPhones

1 basic flip phone

1500 shared minutes

unlimited messaging (including texts)

unlimited data

unlimited mobile-mobile calling (any phone on any network)

Total Cost (including fees/surcharges/taxes, less my monthly discount): $194/month

I get a 27% monthly credit for my consulting work with Citigroup. Can AT&T come close to matching this price?  Sprint's data network is beyond bad. It would actually  be funny if I wasn't suffering with it. I'm dreading the ordeal of changing phones and swithing my family plan over, but I need to look at what else is out there. I'd rather not start the conversation with AT&T in a store just yet. Last time I did that I encountered extreme skepticism over the price I was paying and found the reps had quite an attitude about it.

TIA!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Somewhere around 190 and 220 depending on which data plans you choose for the iPhones. that includes 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited texting and mobile to ANY mobile.

70 main line, 10 additional lines each. 30 for unlimited texting, 20 to 30 each for smartphone data plans.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

12 years ago

@JFizDaWiz wrote:
Somewhere around 190 and 220 depending on which data plans you choose for the iPhones. that includes 1400 anytime minutes, unlimited texting and mobile to ANY mobile.

70 main line, 10 additional lines each. 30 for unlimited texting, 20 to 30 each for smartphone data plans.

{please keep it courteous}  You know darn well that it's not 20-30 each for smart phone data plan.  The OP stated that they are iPhones!!  It's 30-50, and that is a CAPPED PLAN -- NOT UNLIMITED.  Once you go over the 3GB or 5 GB that AT&T is going to cap you at, it's an extra $10 per gig.

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

Yes 20 for 300mb or 30 for 3gb. Calm down sir. You seem angry

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks guys. Food for thought.

A lot will depend on any employer discount I can get from AT&T and that's a conversation for a rep in a store. I assume the taxes/fees/surcharges will be roughly equivalent. Right now those charges make up about $20 of the $190 total I pay each month. 

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

12 years ago

@rambo47 wrote:

Thanks guys. Food for thought.

A lot will depend on any employer discount I can get from AT&T and that's a conversation for a rep in a store. I assume the taxes/fees/surcharges will be roughly equivalent. Right now those charges make up about $20 of the $190 total I pay each month. 

one thing additional to add - you will need all new phones so factor that into your conversion cost

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Actually I can use our current iPhones if I get them unlocked. If I went to Verizon I'd have to buy all new stuff. My daughter loves her basic flip phone so that's not an issue - I can pick up something new at AT&T for $100 or less. And since I'm really dying to try the Lumia 900 I can sell my iPhone 4s 64GB and come away with some cash in my pocket.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Verizon AT&T*     
1400 Minutes Family Share90 70 * use current equipment with AT&T
Line 210 10 * 1GB more on AT&T  
Line 310 10     
Line 410 10     
Unlimited Messages30 30     
Data 2GB/3GB30 30     
Data 2GB/3GB30 30     
Data 2GB/3GB30 30     

$240 $220     

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

What sticks in my craw is that I'm paying only $172 (before taxes/fees, after discount) on Sprint.  I'm looking at adding $50/month to my monthly bill while getting slightly less in terms of features. Is the better data speed worth it?  That's a question only I can answer. Smiley Frustrated

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

I left sprint 6 months ago just for faster internet

Professor

• 

2.7K Messages

12 years ago

Unless there is a hack that I don't know about (very possible) the unlock that Sprint does is just for international GSM carriers. US GSM carriers will still be blocked.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.