Need help understanding your bill?
Jomnarong's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, November 15th, 2009 2:57 AM

Closed

I wan to change my Family plan to Individual plan.

Can I terminate my Family plan and use Individual plan instead? Right now I'm using Family plan for 3 or 4 months and I found that it's difficult to manage with another member in the plan. So I would like to change to Individual plan. Can I do it online? or I have to go to AT&T shop where I activate my phone number?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

3K Messages

14 years ago

Are you the Account Owner of the Family Plan??  If so and you want to break up the Family Plan, each person/line on the plan will need to do an Assumption of Liability for their line, or to take over the rest of the lines on the plan.

If you're not the account owner, the account owner will need to go with you so you can do the assumption of liability for your own line.  You will need to pass a credit check and a deposit may be required.

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

14 years ago

call customer care

Guru

• 

585 Messages

14 years ago

You may want to reference it as a Transfer of Service, or Transfer of financial responsibility.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

14 years ago

Yes, I'm Account Owner of the Family Plan. What is an Assumption of Liability?

There are only 2 people in my plan, I and my friend. 

Do I understand correctly that I can go to the Att shop where I activate my phone and terminate my family plan with everbody in the plan which is only two, me and my friend. I still can use the same number and the deposit is still in its safe place.

If I misunderstood something, please correct me.

Thanks,

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

14 years ago

I believe what the suggestion was, was to split your account into 2 different accounts. so they would be both in your name but on different accounts, or you can have your friend take his number into his own name.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.