Posted Mar 6, 2012
11:47:47 PM
Whoops! Is there a user available way to "move" or "delete" a post?

Hello Wireless Community Forum moderators:

Any forum-end-user way to "move" or "delete" a comment-post after posting?  I posted a feedback comment under this topic; "community suggestions" heading; seems now my previous comment post is better suited elsewhere, if anywhere..... 

If there is no current way for me to delete or move my post to another topic discussion.....  Would it be possible to enable this capability in the future? (A feature add suggestion).

Thank you in advance for your thoughts on this and any future add consideration!

Bye for now,

Waytoomuchfun

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 9, 2012 3:35:06 PM
(0)

You are able to edit your post using the same drop down menu as reporting the post. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Accepted Solution

Whoops! Is there a user available way to "move" or "delete" a post?

15 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Replies
(15)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 7, 2012 5:16:33 AM
(0)

You can click on Options>report inappropriate content and then request it be moved to a more appropriate spot.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Re: Whoops! Is there a user available way to "move" or "delete" a post?

2 of 16 (4,308 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2012 5:49:09 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks Taylarie

3 of 16 (4,303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 2:15:03 PM
(0)
Employee

It'd be a nice feature to at least be able to edit/delete your own posts. 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 16 (4,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 2:51:32 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks aBenjamin! More forum users in favor of the this idea might help get this feature implemented some day!!! Thanks again! (:smileyhappy:!!!!

5 of 16 (4,281 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Mar 9, 2012 3:35:06 PM
(0)

You are able to edit your post using the same drop down menu as reporting the post. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

6 of 16 (4,278 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2012 7:24:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks ShaunMN! Excellent weekend to you!

7 of 16 (4,273 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 16, 2012 8:37:28 AM
(0)
Teacher
Welcome!

8 of 16 (4,236 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 12:56:30 PM
(0)
Employee

ShaunMN wrote:

I don't have that option in the drop down. Also, my internet connection is really wonky so I end up double posting a lot.... 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

9 of 16 (4,199 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 1:47:02 PM
(0)
Teacher
Hello aBenjamin! Thank you for checking your message action options .... Helps a bunch to confirm it is just not me with limited message options once a message is posted by a forum end-user. Thanks again! Trouble-free rest of the day wishes to you!

10 of 16 (4,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 3:39:33 PM
(0)

aBenjamin wrote:

ShaunMN wrote:

I don't have that option in the drop down. Also, my internet connection is really wonky so I end up double posting a lot.... 

The edit window for this community is 60 minutes. Once it passes, the option no longer appears in the drop down menu. 

11 of 16 (4,156 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 3:51:36 PM
(0)
Teacher
Hello ShaunMN - Thanks! Forum learning going on over my way today! Thanks again! One of my original thoughts was the ability for us end users to move the post to another Forum topic area... That function seems to be with one of the Forum moderators / administrators after reading your help for moving / relocating a post... (My interpretation so far)... Example: If I were to report / flag my post and request it be moved to another forum topic, that might be a future option to explore / use. Thanks for all your excellent detailed help with this issue! Bye for this one....

12 of 16 (4,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 5:01:35 PM
(0)

Sounds like you've got it :smileyhappy:

13 of 16 (4,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2012 5:13:22 PM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks ShaunMN! I would like to once again thank Taylarie who "early on" offered the "post-move" work-around! Many kudos to Taylarie!

14 of 16 (4,144 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 5:46:18 PM
(0)
Teacher

I agree with you there.  I also would definitely like to be able to edit/delete my own posts.

15 of 16 (4,055 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 10:40:31 PM
(0)
Expert

We used to be able to do our own deletions, but somebody abused it.  You can edit your post up to an hour, anything after that (or a deletion) can be taken care of with a PM to any Moderator.

16 of 16 (4,047 Views)